Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

MY17DIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 LE Director....
Very nice Last v8, love that colour! But yeah I would be doing something with the towbar, ruins the back end a bit.

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
Congratulations LastV8, looks brilliant!!! The towbar wouldn't really bother me but it probably would look better if it was blacked out.
Looks like we are going to receive our cars 1 day apart hey?? I know how you must be feeling right now..it's such an exciting time isn't it?
Oh btw, I've been out in the garage all day today, it's nearly ready!
Yeah Zero, after almost 3 months of reading everything on the forum from confirming the specs, looking for photos, reading reviews, and worrying that it would arrive in one piece, it's finally time! Like me, i'm sure you're thrilled to bits that you got a new colour that is uniquely MY17, but also because it's different. It will appreciate your toil in the garage, especially until you get your Opticoat!

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
Very nice Last v8, love that colour! But yeah I would be doing something with the towbar, ruins the back end a bit.
Thanks Spiderpig. I only use it occasionally for the trailer but it's saved at least one low speed bump at the lights in my current car :) so don't want to take the tongue out. Maybe a nice black towball cover, and i'll spray paint the rest.

jetfrost

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport
Hey Zero and other new (or to be) MY17 owners. Just went to the dealer and found my car! For those who like Spitfire and big wings here's a few photos. Still hard to capture the true colour even with a half decent camera (compared to my phone). Just waiting for the tint then ready to go by Thursday. And Zero, like you, it's hard to leave it behind when it would be way safer in my garage (which has space!) - and yes the towbar sort of ruins it - maybe I need a black chrome ball and shackles?View attachment 190507 View attachment 190508 View attachment 190509 View attachment 190510 View attachment 190511 View attachment 190512 View attachment 190513 .

Congratulations Mate!
You're probably over the moon right now

RedBadge

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 & VF SSV Redline LMF
Hey RedBadge,
With all the excitement of seeing the car yesterday, the photos were the last thing on my mind. I"ll find out tomorrow when I pick the car up, so I'll let you know.
Thanks Zero.

I have a question about the paint line that members might be able to help with. Do they do a run of cars the same colour one after the other or just paint each car as it comes along in the colour required ?

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
Thanks Zero.

I have a question about the paint line that members might be able to help with. Do they do a run of cars the same colour one after the other or just paint each car as it comes along in the colour required ?
I would have thought they would do long runs of the one colour but looking at the VINs of cars hitting dealerships (close but different colours) this doesn't seen to hold true so only an insider would know this.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Hey Zero and other new (or to be) MY17 owners. Just went to the dealer and found my car! For those who like Spitfire and big wings here's a few photos. Still hard to capture the true colour even with a half decent camera (compared to my phone). Just waiting for the tint then ready to go by Thursday. And Zero, like you, it's hard to leave it behind when it would be way safer in my garage (which has space!) - and yes the towbar sort of ruins it - maybe I need a black chrome ball and shackles?View attachment 190507 View attachment 190508 View attachment 190509 View attachment 190510 View attachment 190511 View attachment 190512 View attachment 190513 .
WOW WOW WOW, Just WOW. That looks so good, very nice. If I was buying a redline I would be buying it in the colour, but alas I have gone white for my MSE.

In regards to paint, no they dont do a batch of the same colour, its all different colours. The robots just change nozzles after each car is painted.

Matphoenix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII SS
Looks great! Envious BIG time!

RedBadge

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 & VF SSV Redline LMF
WOW WOW WOW, Just WOW. That looks so good, very nice. If I was buying a redline I would be buying it in the colour, but alas I have gone white for my MSE.

In regards to paint, no they dont do a batch of the same colour, its all different colours. The robots just change nozzles after each car is painted.
Thanks Super Coach. I was just curious about that stage of the process.
Have you had many bites for your redline yet mate ?

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
Looking good Last V8. I would be interested on photo's of the window tinting as I will be getting it done on mine. I'm not sure whether to get 35% of 20%. What did you decide on?

Hey mate,
Thats stock vs 20% if that helps.

Image-1[725].jpg

Last edited: