Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
I popped past my dealer this afternoon, still no luck getting those production photos, so Zero, count yourself bloody lucky!! :p
mines arriving at the dealer on Tuesday, and I've asked if she can grab some photos of it getting unloaded. and... bite my tongue, I'm going to let them clean/pre-delivery detail it, my saleslady said she's good friends with the detailer so will have a word to him, but i looked at all the LMF cars they had, and all look pretty good! now i just need to wait ONE MORE WEEK till next friday when i'll pick it up, then i can join all you guys in celebrations!
Great news mate. It's good to see it before they unwrap it so you know there's nothing to hide before they start. My poor car salesman was looking a little stressed but happy when I got there today and was sooo relieved when I told him I was happy. Mind you, my wife arrived earlier than me and said everytime he walked past he had a look and a little polish :) So there are good guys out there who understand your passion. I asked whether he was looking forward to a few beers tonight and he said he'd enjoy a good night's sleep LOL

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
Congratulations LastV8, looks fantastic and thanks for the quick rundown. Gee, people are noticing a big improvement over their VE's, wonder if I'll notice much difference compared to my VX :)
Ummm...yes! The VF2 is sort of same same but so very different in feel to the VE. Sad to see the old one go (but I'm over it now)

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
I asked whether he was looking forward to a few beers tonight and he said he'd enjoy a good night's sleep LOL

haha i bet once you've done your next little spin, you'll be having some beers just staring at it! congrats, i drove past a dealership that had spitfire out the front and was breaking my neck trying to see it (other side of a 6 lane highway and of course a truck was trying to block my view) but it looked great! gotta be your best friday in a long time! i know next week will be mine

oh and on the 'going to miss the VE' statement, I'm handing the keys of mine to the misses, so i still get to look after that for awhile longer

Matphoenix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII SS
View attachment 190581
It's home safely waiting for peak hour traffic to subside before little drive. Couldn't fault the delivery condition amd even got my tank full of fuel (to the stop). First impressions after 15 km: love the sound (goes with saying). love the colour (even if not to everyones taste), so much smoother than the VE AFM with immediate throttle response even at 60 on a hill (staying within speed limit of course), the 20's make it a little more jiggly than the 19s on the test drive cars but not uncomfortable, love the steering wheel (compared to the VE SS) - nice and thick at 10 to 2 and feels natural. Roundabouts no problem. Gave it a quick squirt through a curvy section near home and handles superbly. Nice and tight feeling and the brakes are very nice. Even got used to the parking brake quickly. I could go on but biting into driving time! Also need to read the book to check how everything works!
Congrats! Fun to read, especially the VE SS (my car too) comparison! Well done.

RedBadge

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 & VF SSV Redline LMF
View attachment 190581
It's home safely waiting for peak hour traffic to subside before little drive. Couldn't fault the delivery condition amd even got my tank full of fuel (to the stop). First impressions after 15 km: love the sound (goes with saying). love the colour (even if not to everyones taste), so much smoother than the VE AFM with immediate throttle response even at 60 on a hill (staying within speed limit of course), the 20's make it a little more jiggly than the 19s on the test drive cars but not uncomfortable, love the steering wheel (compared to the VE SS) - nice and thick at 10 to 2 and feels natural. Roundabouts no problem. Gave it a quick squirt through a curvy section near home and handles superbly. Nice and tight feeling and the brakes are very nice. Even got used to the parking brake quickly. I could go on but biting into driving time! Also need to read the book to check how everything works!
Congrats Last V8. Very nice mate.

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
haha i bet once you've done your next little spin, you'll be having some beers just staring at it! congrats, i drove past a dealership that had spitfire out the front and was breaking my neck trying to see it (other side of a 6 lane highway and of course a truck was trying to block my view) but it looked great! gotta be your best friday in a long time! i know next week will be mine

oh and on the 'going to miss the VE' statement, I'm handing the keys of mine to the misses, so i still get to look after that for awhile longer
Looking forward to some pics and an opinion, only 7 more sleeps?

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Congrats as well Zero, can only imagine how it feels - I've got till July. Car looks awesome in that colour.

I'm also interested re this sticker, and do you have to ask the dealership to leave it on to be able to see it?

Thanks Strattos
Yeah, the sticker is removed during pre-delivery. I asked my dealer to receive the car in the same state that it left the factory.

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
couple of photos of LMF Redline at my dealer - about 4.30ish with passing cloud so doesn't really show it to advantage like full sun does, but certainly a great colour because of that variation it shows in different lighting
IMG_2662.JPG
IMG_2664.JPG

Redline 2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF 2 SSV REDLINE
View attachment 190581
OMG, no disrespect to any other 2017 redline owners, but yours in spitfire really ticks the box for me, honestly I would own one of these cars in brown if that's all they had left, it's great to see the new cars in all colours, zero_tolerance the other days LastV8 today, ours in 3 weeks. so we have ordered ours months ago in white but the wife keeps going on about spitfire.... To late now lol. Congrats LastV8 looks great.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
View attachment 190581
Congrats LastV8? Looks absolutely fantastic!
When I first saw Spitfire I thought it was a little too loud, but I love it now. If I didn't get LMF it would definitely be my next choice.
Great to hear that your delivery was faultless and that you're happy with everything. Enjoy!