Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
OMG, no disrespect to any other 2017 redline owners, but yours in spitfire really ticks the box for me, honestly I would own one of these cars in brown if that's all they had left, it's great to see the new cars in all colours, zero_tolerance the other days LastV8 today, ours in 3 weeks. so we have ordered ours months ago in white but the wife keeps going on about spitfire.... To late now lol. Congrats LastV8 looks great.
Thanks mate - it really ticked the boxes for me and the 20's and the Wing are icing on the cake. My wife was totally supportive of spending the $ on something nice and I have a steep learning curve to learn it's full potential. Just tried the sunroof (never had one) and while I wouldn't drive with it open, the tilt function looks like it be useful to extract hot air after parking in the sun. Apart from the driving experience, there are so many goodies to play with!

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
Congrats LastV8? Looks absolutely fantastic!
When I first saw Spitfire I thought it was a little too loud, but I love it now. If I didn't get LMF it would definitely be my next choice.
Great to hear that your delivery was faultless and that you're happy with everything. Enjoy!
Thanks Zero. similarly if there were no spitfire, I would have gone LMF. I'm sure that full tank of fuel will come in handy for the next couple of days :) And as others have said, I will worry about using the BOSE speakers later. My wife loves that it sounds like a real V8 too.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Thanks Zero. similarly if there were no spitfire, I would have gone LMF. I'm sure that full tank of fuel will come in handy for the next couple of days :) And as others have said, I will worry about using the BOSE speakers later. My wife loves that it sounds like a real V8 too.

Yeah, who needs music when you have beautiful sound like that.
Will you be removing the relay to keep the exhaust open? I did mine yesterday and it's a great improvement having the sound constant instead of cutting in and out.

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
Will you be removing the relay to keep the exhaust open? I did mine yesterday and it's a great improvement having the sound constant instead of cutting in and out.
Have read that and sounds like a great idea - might save fuel too rather than driving briskly all the time to make it kick in. I suppose there are times when you might need it quieter but not thinking of anything specific right now, so yeah will check that out! I thought the mechanical sound enhancer bit sounded a little artificial when turning on and off.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan

I heard about this and it doesn't pull a code too. Fuse box in the engine bay or boot and which fuse ?

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
Have read that and sounds like a great idea - might save fuel too rather than driving briskly all the time to make it kick in. I suppose there are times when you might need it quieter but not thinking of anything specific right now, so yeah will check that out! I thought the mechanical sound enhancer bit sounded a little artificial when turning on and off.

From my understanding the sound tube is mechanical (diaphragm) not linked to the exhaust flaps. It gets louder as more air coming in and then quiter with less air. I've been in a car with cai and sound tube attached and the experience was friggin awesome.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Relay is in the boot. I've have it pulled on my GTS the moment I got it and couldn't live with it in... it's a V8 for Christ's sake!

Last edited:

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
IMG_0871.PNG
IMG_0872.PNG

Now when the guys with the new cars want to add something to their new cars, update the headlamps. I did mine tonight. Totally awesome. There is a how to thread on this forum too. One thing I didn't use was the chrome Indicators. I thought they might be a bit dull during the day. The last photo shows old and new low beams.

Original post where I got the idea from.
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/the-ultimate-bulb-replacement-guide.242681/

Last edited: