Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

HoldenCalaisV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais-V Series 2
I have seen a few cars on the road which when they are turning their fog lights turn on in the direction they are turning and that got me thinking does the Calais-V have the Corning light function?

hqdefault.jpg

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
Wow, nice! I liked the way they covered your car. Probably made you feel special. They should have rolled out the red carpet also. Congrats! Where's the red carpet? o_O I bet you my dealer won't do any of this.. maybe..
Yes, the 'unveil' is a great touch. Our dealer did the same thing for me when I picked up the Black Edition SV6 ute last August - it was draped in a black silk sheet & a staff member takes a short iPhone video of the unveiling - really was special to see our phantom ute sparkling new with chrome sports bar & hardlid for the first time this way - hadn't actually seen one like it in the metal previously.

I'm expecting they'll do the same with our LMF SS wagon when it arrives but delivery date is late August so I keep on having visions that go something like:

unveil reveals a blotchy coloured LMF wagon with some panels obviously hand riveted -

salesman (with grin from ear to ear):
There you go mate, ain't she a beaut!
H17: Umm, gee, doesn't exactly look like the ones on Holden's website does it?
salesman: maaaaaate!! you know what it's like. Factory was closing, paint was running out, lights had gone out so they finished her under candlelight. That's why we've hand engraved "special edition" on the tailgate here where the SS badge normally goes.
H17: Oh Ok, fair nuff, I am thankful I got myself one of the last and before it was too late!

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SS-V Redline Sedan LMF
Haha, hopefully they do something. It's interesting to see how all different dealers deliver their vehicles. I also received a bottle of red.

What!? A bottle of red also? So your car was roped off, it was unveiled, and you got a bottle of Shiraz also - anything else you're not telling us?

My wife got a Mazda at the start of the year and she got a bottle of wine and some chocolates in a hamper. The salesman went outside to unveil the car and my wife was happy. Since we picked it up on a Sunday morning all the dealership doors were on self exit and the salesman could not get back into the building. Lucky my wife had her handbag so we got in the car, waved goodbye and off we went! First time this has happened to this salesman. He managed to get back in.. eventually..

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SS-V Redline Sedan LMF
Yes, the 'unveil' is a great touch. Our dealer did the same thing for me when I picked up the Black Edition SV6 ute last August - it was draped in a black silk sheet & a staff member takes a short iPhone video of the unveiling - really was special to see our phantom ute sparkling new with chrome sports bar & hardlid for the first time this way - hadn't actually seen one like it in the metal previously.

I'm expecting they'll do the same with our LMF SS wagon when it arrives but delivery date is late August so I keep on having visions that go something like:

unveil reveals a blotchy coloured LMF wagon with some panels obviously hand riveted -

salesman (with grin from ear to ear):
There you go mate, ain't she a beaut!
H17: Umm, gee, doesn't exactly look like the ones on Holden's website does it?
salesman: maaaaaate!! you know what it's like. Factory was closing, paint was running out, lights had gone out so they finished her under candlelight. That's why we've hand engraved "special edition" on the tailgate here where the SS badge normally goes.
H17: Oh Ok, fair nuff, I am thankful I got myself one of the last and before it was too late!

You funny! I keep having visions of the car being ordered incorrectly - so SS-V Redline LMF in manual, that's it - and it will be delivered to the dealer and it will be wrong, and I won't have enough time to order the correct one or they have run out of stock - that's my bad vision. I had to read my contract a few of times over the past 3 months. I just reread your salesman line - "maaaate! .... no paint, candlelight" .. made me laugh again.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
What!? A bottle of red also? So your car was roped off, it was unveiled, and you got a bottle of Shiraz also - anything else you're not telling us?

My wife got a Mazda at the start of the year and she got a bottle of wine and some chocolates in a hamper. The salesman went outside to unveil the car and my wife was happy. Since we picked it up on a Sunday morning all the dealership doors were on self exit and the salesman could not get back into the building. Lucky my wife had her handbag so we got in the car, waved goodbye and off we went! First time this has happened to this salesman. He managed to get back in.. eventually..
Some years ago at the Brisbane Motor Show (think it was the last one actually), I was somewhat instrumental in helping my brother sign up for a WM Statesman with the Holden Dealer displaying there. One evening a few weeks later, the doorbell went & there is a guy from the Dealership (a good hour's drive away but this guy may have lived out my way I suppose) - he presents me with a cane basket of quite a range of car cleaning products. I didn't have the heart to tell him I would be throwing it away because it was cheap stuff I would not put near my car but the gesture was really great I thought. They had asked my brother, when he took delivery of his Statesman, where I lived and they then took the trouble to visit me. So it is great to see some Dealers are appreciative & no doubt looking ahead to return business.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
I know an LMF sedan drives past the Preston dealership often
Actually it doesn't lol. I only drive past there in a work vehicle.;)

On the topic of LMF Redlines at dealerships, I have also noticed that Booran Holden Cheltenham has had a black roofed one sitting outdoors in front of the dealership for quite some time now.

Last edited:

rossimo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s2 wagon

I knew they did the rope and cover show as a workmate bought a redline sedan last year and told us but the wine was a pleasant surprise. An old workmate from ~7yrs ago was the new car sales manager when I put down a deposit/signed the contract etc but moved on not long after. I think they are just providing the best customer service/experience they can, in this day and age I think it also goes a long way and is definitely good for business.

Hahaha he would've been spewing!

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Well done all. Great to see all these happy Holden owners. If I didn't have my VF1 Redline (which I love as much today, as when I bought it in Oct 2013), I'd be pining for my MSE by now!
Addictive. Yep, that pretty well sums it up Rossimo.;)