Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I don't believe they're Supersports.

Look like VE Redline rims.

They are definitely different to the 20 inch Supersports I had on my VE Calais.

100_1292a.jpg

VL Executive

VY SS Ute - Just got 1!
Reaction score
Members Ride
3 VL's, VK EFi, VX S, VY SS Ute, VF SSVR Ute
First off, nice, I love black Utes as long as I'm not the one who has to cleaning them.

Two questions:

First: I didn't know you could have the Sports Bar deleted from the 2017 model, does that mean you get a price reduction?

Second: I didn't know Supersport Rims came in staggered fit, what's the specs on them?

Cheers, it does look good as I'm a big fan of light coloured rims on dark cars.

I just had the sportsbar taken off by the dealer. I got to keep the bar, and the matching tonneau cover but I doubt ill ever refit it. Same with the original black wheels. I got those back as well.

The wheels I got on it are the same type fitted to the VE Series 2 redline and the early VF Series 1 Redline models. They may not be called Supersports but they look similar. They are a polished 19 inch wheel, and are 8.5 inch front and 9 inch rear width

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I just had the sportsbar taken off by the dealer. I got to keep the bar, and the matching tonneau cover but I doubt ill ever refit it. Same with the original black wheels. I got those back as well.

I noticed on the Holden website that there are no hard lids to option on the utes?

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
Very nice wheels, I always prefer chrome/alloy wheels more than the black ones. Will probably get a set of 19"s when the current tyres wear out on the 20" factory black wheels.

VL Executive

VY SS Ute - Just got 1!
Reaction score
Members Ride
I noticed on the Holden website that there are no hard lids to option on the utes?

I didn't try getting a hardlid. I just settled for the standard soft tonneau cover. Which I had to get, because the original one had clearance holes in it for the sportsbar

VL Executive

VY SS Ute - Just got 1!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Very nice wheels, I always prefer chrome/alloy wheels more than the black ones. Will probably get a set of 19"s when the current tyres wear out on the 20" factory black wheels.
Chrome / alloy/ polished alloy wheels are the original and best look. I really don't like this current trend of blacking out everything. :(

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
Hardlids, incl 3 piece etc still show on the build & price section of Holden's site.
Can't see why they wouldn't anyway because they aren't made by Holden.