Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

SSteve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SSV Redline Manual Heron White
Just an update on our Redline. Picked her up last Thursday all very exciting! My first drive of a Redline was ours out of the Showroom!! Wow what a fantastic car, I tell you what that accelerator is a gift that just keeps giving!!;) Drove her home then spent a few hours giving her another polish. I'm a bit old fashioned and just use a good quality Carnuba wax she is fairly glowing now !
I will try and get some pics of her in the next day or two.
What a great way to lose my V8 virginity !! :)
Well done mate, congrats, can't wait for the pics. What brand of wax did you use?

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline.1970 Dodge R/T Challenger 440 six pack.
Looks like there are going to be a few full term births around the 19th,get the dealer to keep all delivery stickers and plastic seat covers for you to see the date it hatched,will be interesting to see who gets the last one out of maternity on this site.

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SS-V Redline Sedan LMF
They are still building Redlines as I just got confirmation mine comes off the line on the 19th Oct.

I was hoping that I was one o the last Redlines built, but I just wanted my 2017 model to be at least built in the colour I wanted. With a 4.2 month wait that was long enough! With limited numbers for LMF if they stuffed up my colour at least I could reorder the correct one, if I could. Anyway, I am happy with mine, and I hope you are happy with yours, when it comes :)

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just an update on our Redline. Picked her up last Thursday all very exciting! My first drive of a Redline was ours out of the Showroom!! Wow what a fantastic car, I tell you what that accelerator is a gift that just keeps giving!!;) Drove her home then spent a few hours giving her another polish. I'm a bit old fashioned and just use a good quality Carnuba wax she is fairly glowing now !
I will try and get some pics of her in the next day or two.
What a great way to lose my V8 virginity !! :)

Congrats mate! A V8 Virgin no more. Now you have to change your name.. wait.. you can't o_O

V8Virgin

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF SSV Redline
Well done mate, congrats, can't wait for the pics. What brand of wax did you use?
Thanks, she's a beauty!! I use Mothers carnuba in the solid wax form gives the paint a really deep lustrous shine. I guess the disadvantage of wax is you do do need to keep applying it I generally do my cars every six months

RedBadge

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 & VF SSV Redline LMF
Wow that will be very close to one of the last.
Hello Zero. I'm down in Melbourne for a few days enjoying the city highlights. Looks like only a few colours here this week :- Black and gold or Red, gold and navy blue ?
Just reading about the wax polishing, i was wondering what you do to maintain the opticoat lustre if anything after a few car washes ?

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hello Zero. I'm down in Melbourne for a few days enjoying the city highlights. Looks like only a few colours here this week :- Black and gold or Red, gold and navy blue ?

I think the main colours you should be looking out for is YELLOW AND BLACK (sing along; pump fists in the air) - you may or may not know what this is all about, but oif the Tigers win tomorrow that's all you will be hearing tomorrow night and Sunday...

RedBadge

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 & VF SSV Redline LMF
I think the main colours you should be looking out for is YELLOW AND BLACK (sing along; pump fists in the air) - you may or may not know what this is all about, but oif the Tigers win tomorrow that's all you will be hearing tomorrow night and Sunday...
Hey VFII-17. I'm a Queenslander who get's it no worries mate. YELLOW and BLACK it is then. I'm hoping to hear the tiger army roar tomorrow arvo. Even tried to buy a Richmond jumper, no luck anywhere.
Beautiful city you have here. Friendly people. Friendly drivers. Outstanding tucker. Plenty to do. Best holiday I've had in years full stop.
Tell you what. I'm backing your Tigers in tomorrow for a well overdue win. Since 1980 wasn't it ?
I think we have common ground. My N.Q. Cowboys and your Richmond Tigers are both underdogs BUT there's no reason why they both can't win it.

STRONG AND BOLD.......
"EAT 'EM ALIVE"........
"Go the Cowboys" ...my dream to see em at the top !

Last edited: