Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MyLink —> IntelliLink update

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
I just saw this on Facebook. Apparently a couple of VF owners have experienced an automatic update of their MyLink that somehow turned it in to a GMC IntelliLink system. Has anyone here experienced this? Apparently they have also been losing Bluetooth connectivity as well.

Some screenshots of the Facebook post…

IMG_1498.jpeg

IMG_1499.jpeg

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
How can a screenshot be showing tomorrow already?
It's not even tomorrow in New Zealand yet.
I'm claiming shens.

Reactions: Lex

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
How can a screenshot be showing tomorrow already?
It's not even tomorrow in New Zealand yet.
I'm claiming shens.

I’m not sure. I wonder if GM do over-the-air updates on some of the US systems, and perhaps some of the AU models ended up on the hit (update) list? Not sure really. Someone posted it on Facebook and someone else also posted in the comments saying that it also happened to them too.

It does sort of open the door to the idea that there might be some life on the old MyLinks systems yet if there are updates available for an US system using much the same software.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
That GMC screen-shot isn't from a VF, lookit the shape of the black plastic bezel 'round the screen & the air-vents.
Most likely it's a grey-import truck which had US-spec gubbins (remember that they didn't block users from running their own updates over there).

Last edited:

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
The vf mylink has no networking hardware so it would be impossible for it to "automatically update"
exactly... needs a USB stuck in the slot!

Dodgy_Davo

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0
I just saw this on Facebook. Apparently a couple of VF owners have experienced an automatic update of their MyLink that somehow turned it in to a GMC IntelliLink system. Has anyone here experienced this? Apparently they have also been losing Bluetooth connectivity as well.

Some screenshots of the Facebook post…
i-want-to-believe.jpeg

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
I'm not claiming I believe it. As someone said on the facebook page - How did the OP know to take the photo of the holden version before it switched? But I can at least vouch for the fact that they got all the FM details down 100% correct for someone that lives in the very eastern most region of Melbourne on the GMC screen. If it is a fake story they've put some effort into it.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm not claiming I believe it. As someone said on the facebook page - How did the OP know to take the photo of the holden version before it switched?
And why was the “after the switch” version not in the same vehicle?
Like it switched so they put it into a different car?
We know it didn’t switch, and given that fact they can take the before photo any time they want. :)

Nah it’s BS.
All sorts of RHD converted GMC trucks here, what’s in a Silverado for example?
Doesn’t take much effort to take a photo of the dash in a Commodore, then take a photo of the dash in your Silverado; they could at least have edited the photos so the dash surrounds were the same!

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm not claiming I believe it. As someone said on the facebook page - How did the OP know to take the photo of the holden version before it switched? But I can at least vouch for the fact that they got all the FM details down 100% correct for someone that lives in the very eastern most region of Melbourne on the GMC screen. If it is a fake story they've put some effort into it.

Someone did ask that same question. The reply was that picture of the Intellilink is in his wife’s car. The MyLink pictures are the system in his car. So, two different cars.

The post has now been edited with the comment that he suspects that the system somehow ‘reset’ itself rather than ‘updated’. The speculation is that the system has somehow defaulted to a factory state. Definitely a lot of guessing going on. I did also notice a few comments stating that they had lost Bluetooth connectivity, but I think that might be the iPhone issue that many people are experiencing with their MyLink system.

But yep, Facebook can be a minefield which is why I thought I’d run it past people here to see if anyone has experienced the same or similar.