Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MyLink —> IntelliLink update

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Just the text shows its bullsh!t, aside from the fact that it cant update itself the part about the the "vehicle lock features" not working is another problem.
The vehicle locking system is not controlled by the mylink.

you can remove the mylink and the vehicle lock will still work.

Its probably just them posting stupid crap to get more people to join their little group.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
But yep, Facebook can be a minefield
More so for those who believe that 5g and vaccines create the possibility for mind control :oops::p:p:p

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
he suspects that the system somehow ‘reset’ itself rather than ‘updated’.

If it is a genuine post then i would suspect that their mylinks emmc is starting to die and the software package is failing to identify the hardware correctly.

The software package used in the infotainment units is dependent on the hardware id it is loaded on to.
It saves the developer having to create multiple ports of the same package for different regions, hardware etc its common in software development to do this.

If this is the case with the systems memory starting to corrupt then i would guess their mylink has not got long to go before it dies and needs the silverbox replaced.

If it is a common problem then it wont be long until everyone is buying aftermarket units.

If its not the emmc it will be the eeprom, it depends where the variables are stored for the id.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
If it is a genuine post then i would suspect that their mylinks emmc is starting to die and the software package is failing to identify the hardware correctly.

The software package used in the infotainment units is dependent on the hardware id it is loaded on to.
It saves the developer having to create multiple ports of the same package for different regions, hardware etc its common in software development to do this.

If this is the case with the systems memory starting to corrupt then i would guess their mylink has not got long to go before it dies and needs the silverbox replaced.

If it is a common problem then it wont be long until everyone is buying aftermarket units.

If its not the emmc it will be the eeprom, it depends where the variables are stored for the id.

I think that you are on the money (i.e. correct).

BTW the ‘locking’ issue was also clarified in the comments. The auto locking apparently stopped working and couldn’t be reconfigured. The car could still be locked via the buttons (key and door?) but the auto locking when walking away from the car stopped working.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I think that you are on the money (i.e. correct).

BTW the ‘locking’ issue was also clarified in the comments. The auto locking apparently stopped working and couldn’t be reconfigured. The car could still be locked via the buttons (key and door?) but the auto locking when walking away from the car stopped working.

There might be some other issues going on, possibly the bcm.

They have a "ghost in the machine" :eek:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
So I wonder if, while the wording is bad, the MyLink shots aren't intended to be useful information at all & the pictures of IntelliLink are from a grey-import truck which someone had flashed MyLink software into in order to make it look less grey-import eg. sell via a Holden dealership? Those conversions done by HSV (or some other company-name that's basically HSV in the same premises) were sold in Holden dealers weren't they?

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
So I wonder if, while the wording is bad, the MyLink shots aren't intended to be useful information at all & the pictures of IntelliLink are from a grey-import truck

could be.
the intellilink branding was used in gmc, buick and opel/vauxhall vehicles 2012 > 2016 until the ng hmi systems came out.
it was the same software as the mylink with a different theme and logos and both variants would be contained in the same software package so during the import/conversion process they could have access to the dev menu allowing them to change the theme.

the guys over at white automotive screw around with the vf import and switch it from the chevy mylink branding to the holden branding, add custom backgrounds, enable reverse lines, aux input and they even supply map updates.

Last edited:

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon

Gridlocked

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII SV6 Commodore
Sounds unlikely however twice now my Mylink/radio/infotainment system has suddenly gone off whilst driving, come back on a few seconds later with all stations set back to default including time/date. Unsure whether I have a developing fault, but very annoying as you have to set everything back up again.

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
Sounds unlikely however twice now my Mylink/radio/infotainment system has suddenly gone off whilst driving, come back on a few seconds later with all stations set back to default including time/date. Unsure whether I have a developing fault, but very annoying as you have to set everything back up again.
Thats what mine started doing and what eventually lead to me putting in an aftermarket headunit. Reseting itself lead into short bursts of black that then lead to days at a time of total darkness and unresponsiveness. Not even indicator noises worked.