Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MyLink - Issue with playing music from usb connected Android Phone

deino99

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF Commodore Sedan SV6 3.6L Black Edition
SOLVED!

* I Believe this only applies to those who use spotify/similar app & IPhones*

To others experiencing the 'no music files found' issue when plugging in your iPhone via USB here's the fix.

After months of trying, it appears that at least one song must be downloaded to your iPhone via iTunes etc on the apple music app. When plugged in the song will begin to play through the apple music app. You will then be able to switch over to spotify!

Cover art and all!

Hope this helps

*Update* 5th of June 2019

After looking at this further, it appears I'm still having issues changing tracks whilst the device is plugged in to the stereo. Have been to holden and updated the mylink software but issue is still there.

Parker86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais Turbo
I think you should have to change your phone. It's not compatible with your car or its Bluetooth device. I have the same issue in my car I was listening 999 music I want to change the track but can't change but when I changed Bluetooth device problem is solved

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
for android bluetooth most versions work with the mylink but the cr-apps on mylink are pretty much dead.
i made my own player for it to stream or play mp3s from the phone and never looked back
20200628-105420.jpg

there are apps you can use to stream audio to bluetooth but i am not sure if they will play a mp3 library from the phone.
most people just use a usb flash drive and play from that.

for apple bluetooth i dont know as people that bought into that ecosystem already took a step back in technology LOL

hazeldaniel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais Turbo
I think it is a problem with your device. I suggest that you have to change the phone model. I must be that your device is not able to connect the Bluetooth or other wireless devices. I also face problems when I hear wish you wear songs by astroworld when I am in the car. When I changed the track the problem is auto solved.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
^ "VL Calais" and "United States" ?!

BetseyBuran

Reaction score
Members Ride
sa
I think it is a problem with your device. I suggest that you have to change the phone model. I must be that your device is not able to connect the Bluetooth or other wireless devices. I also face problems when I hear wish you wear songs by astroworld when I am in the car. When I changed the track the problem is auto solved.