Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mylink not working after jump start

Locaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V Wagon
Hi, my battery went flat and after jump starting car the Mylink system is not working. Hoping someone may have had this issue before. Blinkers work but make no sound. Reverse camera isn’t working either.

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
your best bet is to disconnect the battery , fully charge it , then reconnect it , if the battery is charged , disconnect it for a few minutes , allowing any power in the system to dissipate them reconnect

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
Hi, my battery went flat and after jump starting car the Mylink system is not working. Hoping someone may have had this issue before. Blinkers work but make no sound. Reverse camera isn’t working either.

+1 to what @kleanphil said. Check the fuse box while you are at it.

Does the car drive normally? And are all the other electrical accessories working?

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
The mylink boot command comes over the swcan and that can get messed up so like the others said dc the battery for 5 mins or so then connect it and start the vehicle, see if that fixes it.

Wesley5

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 CalaisV
Hi Locaso, I had the same issue today after I jump started my car. My mylink, reverse camera and sound of the indicators don’t work.Did you get it fixed? I’m not sure what it is.

Mavericks Choice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV M6, VF2 LS3 Calais V, VZ 6L M6 Crewie
As above, when batt is replaced & fully charged if mylink does not work pull the radio fuse or one leg off the batt for at least ten mins then reapply & restart mylink.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
As above, when batt is replaced & fully charged if mylink does not work pull the radio fuse or one leg off the batt for at least ten mins then reapply & restart mylink.

nope... needs 30 mins for the reset

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
GM/Holden should have engineered a physical cold reboot switch on these damn complex machines :rolleyes:

Mavericks Choice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV M6, VF2 LS3 Calais V, VZ 6L M6 Crewie