Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MyLink Shutdown

marwood

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Holden Commodore
Just wondering if anyone has there MyLink system just randomly shutdown and restart? This has happened 3 times now whilst stationary at set of traffic lights...

Why?

Reaction score
Members Ride
Harrop enhanced VF Redline Manual
Had the car for a week and it has done it once, also seems to forget where it last was with the USB selected between starts

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
Persevere with MyLink issues in VF's, there's a software update on the way soon-ish that should resolve some bugs, as well as the iPhone bluetooth dropout issue :)

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
Yep, mine did the same thing for the first time last week.

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
Yes I have had the mylink shutdown and restart twice with one instance on the way to the 15k service. The technician shrugged his shoulders and it has not done it since but he did tell me upon picking up the car that they did a software upgrade and since this time everytime I connect my blackberry to the car the phone now says Chevrolet where before the 15k service it said Holden. It is very annoying and p*sses me off frankly.

Why?

Reaction score
Members Ride
Harrop enhanced VF Redline Manual
It has a mind all of its own, If I select say the Sex Pistols folder on my USB and listen for a while then change the folder to another say House Music and listen to that, next time I start the car it will take off from where it left off on the Sex Pistols then a couple of starts later go back to the House folder. Its possessed.

Black X

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Redline Ute
Mine gives me grief every now and then. The worst issue is when you are listening to the radio and then use the phone. It starts dialing and as soon as it connects with the other person it disconnects the headset. Then it switches to iPod and then some how it is now at full volume. That has happened to me about 20-30 times. Even when you hit the headset button on your phone you still can't use the handfree, it is connected but it doesn't do anything. You have to switch off the car for about 20 minutes for the stupid thing to reset.

My one has also Green screened about 8 times. It's nice to have a different colour change when an electrical device shits itself. Blue screening is so outdated. What I have found is that you can't do more than 5000kms in your car in one go, otherwise you will green screen your MyLink. Usually it fixes itself after about half an hour of driving with the green screen and it does make long interstate trips fun. You know you will be bored out of your brains at some point, not even able to listen to the radio but you never know quite where you will be when it happens. Perhaps it's a safety feature Holden introduced to keep you alert.

J

Jingle Bells

It has a mind all of its own, If I select say the Sex Pistols folder on my USB and listen for a while then change the folder to another say House Music and listen to that, next time I start the car it will take off from where it left off on the Sex Pistols then a couple of starts later go back to the House folder. Its possessed.

Maybe with that song it has you in mind....or you are transmitting thoughts of your own....as you say it's possessed and probably very sensitive to telegraphy wireless signals !

Mylink was not around when the 1970 HQ Holden was introduced with the petrol filler pipe was behind the number plate in the middle of the back bumper bar....it caused a sensation in the local court news when 5 cars where charged with neg. driving and rear ending....all because of a person bent over in a mini-dress filling the Holden up at the petrol station....Mylink would of alerted these drivers to road congestion 500m ahead.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jingle Bells

No comment

Last edited by a moderator: