Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

N/A builds

LETZRIDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Camaro
I've been searching for info on your motors...I got the buick 3800. I'd like to see what are your notable all motor builds you guys have going on? Anyone running 12 seconds or better all motor? What was done?

I got an Aussie Lower intake manifold myself kicking around, I was toying with making an ITB setup (6 throttle bodies for the longest time)...but the only thing really holding me back at the moment is tuning and the lack of support available.

I've been looking at the dual TB manifold you guys have as well, not sure if anyones seen an increase with power with them? Again, it's been a little tough to find some info...

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
I haven't seen any big big N/A power on a Buick V6 .. I think it would be fairly difficult. Minimal gains are had from a dual TB setup, ITB's would no doubt give you awesome throttle response but I'm not sure on power. Any reason you want to do it? Its an incredibly expensive way to get some power.

LETZRIDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Camaro
I dunno, I've always just felt that FI is the easy way out and that N/A power gains are more of an accomplishment to be proud of I guess.

We have a couple of guys In the USA that have run low low 12's N/A..I myself am expecting to run high 12's as I sit currently, but I would ultimately like to run a low 12, possibly a high 11 N/A. As far as I know the guys who have run 12's n/a have done so on our stock intake manifolds...which is a crappy design when compared to yours. Im curious about the setups you guys are running over here, and what you all are doing differently...it seems you have a little bit more of a market for the 6's over here than we do...most guys just hop over to v8's if they want big power over here...

LETZRIDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Camaro
no one is staying N/A over here?? anyone running any custom inlet manifolds? I know I've seen several posted, but I want to know about the ones specifically on cars and the types of gains you got and with what kind of mods?

More specificically I guess the VS style motors?

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
no one is staying N/A over here?? anyone running any custom inlet manifolds? I know I've seen several posted, but I want to know about the ones specifically on cars and the types of gains you got and with what kind of mods?

More specificically I guess the VS style motors?

most people will say dont waste your time with the 6 over here.

i remember reading on here a guy had a V6 turbo, but he had an ITB manifold built and was going N/A. i cant remember the name of the thread though and im not sure if he ever got it fitted.

LETZRIDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Camaro
12???? are you talking 0-60? i KNOW you are not talking 1/4 mile

1/4 mile....12.3 to be exact...and on stock heads lol...you just need the right kinda combo. Actually I expect at a minimum a high 12 out of my car as last season on a smaller cam and only about 15-17* of timing (due to KR) I ran 13.6 when I spun a bearing in the motor.

My old cam was 210/220 .512/.512 @112LSA while my new one is 230/240 .512/.512 @113LSA...I've also since upped my compression ratio to about 9:9:1, up from about 9:5:1

Also I should note that I ran 13.7 cam only and then had a full port and polish done on the heads and went with larger manley valves (1.9int/ 1.57exh) ...I didnt have the heads on the car more than 5,000km...I was getting all sorts of KR (which I was probably getting before, I just haden't had the scanner on the car for awhile so was unaware). Anyways I thought the KR was false and didn't heed to the warnings which resulted in me running a 13.6 and spinning a bearing lol. I did expect that setup to go very low 13's as it was with everything running 100%

^All this is on our stock crappy intake manifolds to...yours are a much better design, so I'm actually surprised to hear this comment.