Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Nankang, Federal or Maxis Tyres ???

jNINE

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
I have a 'couple'
It was the Wheels tyre tests. There is some good info on www.tirerack.com.

The 712 (which I think you are referring to) is still a relatively soft coupound with silica but it lacks a central band which often lends itself to higher speed stability. I personally haven't tried them though. It seems to be alot more popular with smaller front wheel drive cars.

I run KU19's and find them very good, previously I ran the MX - a crossover road/track tyre which was also very good, similar to the Bridgestone GIII in handling but less squirmy. The 769 is more of a basic road road tyre, basically a much better version of Bridgestone's RE92.

The WRX that won targa and the lotus control tyre is the V70A - an R spec tyre which is one of the few (if only) R spec tyre to contain silica.

Granted - some Kumho's in the past have been absolute crap (aka. power racer) but they are putting out some great tyres now.

B

BLACK346

jNINE said:
It was the Wheels tyre tests. There is some good info on www.tirerack.com.

The 712 (which I think you are referring to) is still a relatively soft coupound with silica but it lacks a central band which often lends itself to higher speed stability. I personally haven't tried them though. It seems to be alot more popular with smaller front wheel drive cars.

I run KU19's and find them very good, previously I ran the MX - a crossover road/track tyre which was also very good, similar to the Bridgestone GIII in handling but less squirmy. The 769 is more of a basic road road tyre, basically a much better version of Bridgestone's RE92.

The WRX that won targa and the lotus control tyre is the V70A - an R spec tyre which is one of the few (if only) R spec tyre to contain silica.

Granted - some Kumho's in the past have been absolute crap (aka. power racer) but they are putting out some great tyres now.

Thanks for that :)

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
Choice Is Urs- Firestone Tz100 R Value

Gday oscillator_1

Dont get any of em ! Maxxis are crap :shutup: , Federal well i wont comment :mad: , and Nangkang well alot jap cars :rice: run em, good soft compound Rubber :confused:. They chew out quicker then u will like tho. For $180 buks there ok for the price. Depends if ur after a directional or high quality performance brand like Pirelli, Dunlop, Firestone, Bridgestone, Michellin jus 2 name a few.

Consider FIRESTONE FIREHAW TZ100 ... Great Touring, grippy long lasting tyre. My mate on this forum "azzuro" had em on his VT 18" ridin Gold 5 spoke SSV Rims.

Remeber the old sayin "u get what u pay for" Well tyres it the same i like my Dunlop Sp3000A 234 x 45 R 17 but $220 each tho.. : :rofl:

Let us know how u went

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I've used nankangs, and maxxis before, the nankangs lasted a little longer, but i could drive the maxxis harder, more to the limit!
I've been known to lay a burnout every now and then, and nankangs are no good for that, like a one hit wonder!

B

BLACK346

subdue said:
Gday oscillator_1

Dont get any of em ! Maxxis are crap :shutup: , Federal well i wont comment :mad: , and Nangkang well alot jap cars :rice: run em, good soft compound Rubber :confused:. They chew out quicker then u will like tho. For $180 buks there ok for the price. Depends if ur after a directional or high quality performance brand like Pirelli, Dunlop, Firestone, Bridgestone, Michellin jus 2 name a few.

Consider FIRESTONE FIREHAW TZ100 ... Great Touring, grippy long lasting tyre. My mate on this forum "azzuro" had em on his VT 18" ridin Gold 5 spoke SSV Rims.

Remeber the old sayin "u get what u pay for" Well tyres it the same i like my Dunlop Sp3000A 234 x 45 R 17 but $220 each tho.. : :rofl:

Let us know how u went

Maxxis are crap hey? Can you give some sort of
backup for this statement? I know quite a few
that are using them on High Performance cars
and are liking them a lot :yeah:
What are your experiences with them?

L

linds

sounds like the old saying "horses for courses". Some cars will do better on certain types of tyres which are absolute crud on others and so on...

however, i just love my dunlops which are made in new zealand.

W

wayneVYSS

tyres

I run 18 inch Vredenstein Ultrac on VY SS, available from Bob Jane @ around $295 each. Agressive but not noisy and excellent on road. Had Nankangs before...no good in wet