Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

nankangs ...

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
while i agree with you about buying good tyres what u say is very harsh. new cheap tyres will still be better than bald used good ones. at least he is not one of those many retards driving around with no tread

New shitty tyres will be marginally better than bald good tyres yes but its like saying that having mild aids is better than full blown aids :)

EDGE3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS COMMODORE,1996 GTS-R COMMODORE
RiCeY mate I use these tyres on my car and I tow a trailer with over 200kg of weight in it every day and these tyres have always made the car stop straight away even when I had to brake quickly,these tyres are fine on a 15 year old car,but I do have Bridgestones on my GTS there is no point putting expensive tyres on a car where they are worth more than the car itself.

bruggz351

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn wagon
Until you come to an emergency braking situation or need to swerve at speed to avoid an accident. This is where a half decent tyre means the difference between avoiding an accident and something much worse.

If you cant afford anything more than cheap nasty tyres then you cant afford to be driving a car.

I take offence.
Thats an arrogant comment mate. Not everyone can afford a 5.7 SV8! Fair call that you may need performance tyres, but get off your bloody high horse and leave the lower income earners and pensioners out of it. Horses for courses mate. You get what you can afford! Thats the bottom line!

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
I take offence.
Thats an arrogant comment mate. Not everyone can afford a 5.7 SV8! Fair call that you may need performance tyres, but get off your bloody high horse and leave the lower income earners and pensioners out of it. Horses for courses mate. You get what you can afford! Thats the bottom line!

Or, you just save a bit longer and prepare for things that are going to cost decent amounts of money.

I run nexcens on the back of my ute, hankook Evo's up front. Had a set of nang kangs on for a while and got sick of power skidding EVERYWHERE at the slight hint of moisture.

I had someone cut the sidewall of my back tyre not that long ago so I picked up a fullrun as there wasn't anything else - I dare say I'd have better traction with a glass tyre.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
RiCeY mate I use these tyres on my car and I tow a trailer with over 200kg of weight in it every day and these tyres have always made the car stop straight away even when I had to brake quickly,these tyres are fine on a 15 year old car,but I do have Bridgestones on my GTS there is no point putting expensive tyres on a car where they are worth more than the car itself.

The tyres might save your life one day, the value of the car they are on is irrelevant. It comes down to how much value you place on your own life.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I take offence.

I don't think he was claiming you need buy a V8. What he says is that if you are getting wheels, make sure you have enough money left over for decent rubber. It's in your interest and those around you.

Reaper

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
I take offence.

How am I on a high horse by saying dont use cheap nasty tyres? it has nothing to do with performance tyres the whole point is keeping the car on the road and pulling it up as quickly as possible, again the value of the car is irrelevent. Cheap tyres do a poor job of both.

If you cant afford semi decent midrange tyres than you are either poor at budgeting or you need to take advantage of public transport.

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
I had falkens on my old 17's and in the dry they were great but i have to admit in the wet they were woeful
I got nankangs on my 19's now and im really happy with them.... only a v6 so i dont know how they like the extra power of a v8 but im not complaning for $225 a tyre