Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

nathans VS Calais

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParkwayDrv

Slave to the game
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
LOL! hows your camber? does yours scrape much?

Hahah scrapes on everything :p Camber is eh:

DSC05758.jpg

(that was before i got new tyres BTW)

ParkwayDrv

Slave to the game
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Nah haven't been canaried yet (touch wood) :p If you were over here i would let you have a drive to see what you though rides better :p

ParkwayDrv

Slave to the game
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
lol, nice. I need to get over to WA sometime, got a few mates over there I need to see. Will have to come see you when I finally make it over there lol

#### yeah man :) We would get our beer on ;)

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
hahah sounds like a plan :beer chug:

grrr replaced thermostat and coolant and my heater still doesnt work well enough!!! i mean there is heat.... but its more like warm air.. whats the deal????? hahaha

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Call me old school but I reckon it sits pretty well now.

vscalaishsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
hsv enhanced vs calais
hahah, keen for the ceptors dunno about the white walls though lol. I have bad enough camber as it is, ssls would be like death :(
would look amazing though... so torn lol. my mufflers scrape over some driveways already.... hmmm

LOL! hows your camber? does yours scrape much?

if you lower it lower then fe2 then you will need a camber/ toe kit and if you fit fe2 springs in the rear you just need a camber kit. it will help with the uneven tyre wear heaps

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Just had 2/3 idler pulleys replaced (3rd one needs replacing but were short on the replacement) and the fuel economy and power is all back!! its incredible. averaging 11.8 L/100km compared to 16.7 L/100kms before. And theres still one pulley to go! Also flushed out the block, radiator, etc got all the crap of out there - took about 15 minutes of straight flushing to get it to run clear. Replaced the thermostat as well as the other one was jammed.

For the first time since having the car the temp gauge moved up to 1/4. With all that out of the way might be looking at some short of shift kit in a month or two :) One thing that's got me a bit puzzled is the oil consumption, seems to eat a bit under a litre around every 1000kms ish. Unsure if I've got a leak or if it's burning oil or what. Is it normal? who knows. Currently has 15W50 in it, anyone think it should run 20W50? Keen for opinions.

how much did that cost cos i think thats what mine needs cos it laking a bit of power and you can hear like this rattling/whirring sounding like its missing a bearing lol aha

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
Call me old school but I reckon it sits pretty well now.

Haha thanks man :)

if you lower it lower then fe2 then you will need a camber/ toe kit and if you fit fe2 springs in the rear you just need a camber kit. it will help with the uneven tyre wear heaps

Noted. I don't have a lot of camber wear at the moment, pretty minimal.

how much did that cost cos i think thats what mine needs cos it laking a bit of power and you can hear like this rattling/whirring sounding like its missing a bearing lol aha

Pulleys are like $30 each, piss easy to replace. take your engine belt off and spin each pulley see if they are noisy.

Status
Not open for further replies.