Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

nathans VY Calais - 'Calais 2.0'

Dan VS 231

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Senator
Thats the series 2 VY Calais body kit btw Nathan.

You could get the HBD front lip that is easy enough to get through the internet (ebay) and add to that some SS side skirts and the rear bumper "pods" which are easy enough to get.

Ill try to get some pics of mine one day. I started with a stock S1 body like yours managed to track down an entire HBD lip kit over the net and had it trucked to me from NSW. My car is also Vespers but with an L67.

Last edited:

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
shall look good.
any choice on the rims to suit it yet though? (in other words decided yet? and the s-sports did look fantastic)

anyway keep up the good work.

so computer tuning?
does that mean making a trip down to geelong to have a Nathan spec tune? =P

haha nah you can just PM the1 or delcowizzid for a VS tune. VY's are flash based so you need a cable setup to write the tune directly to the cars computer.

Thats the series 2 VY Calais body kit btw Nathan.

You could get the HBD front lip that is easy enough to get through the internet (ebay) and add to that some SS side skirts and the rear bumper "pods" which are easy enough to get.

Ill try to get some pics of mine one day. I started with a stock S1 body like yours managed to track down an entire HBD lip kit over the net and had it trucked to me from NSW. My car is also Vespers but with an L67.

Ah I thought they looked pretty similar :p I want to do exactly that, where your thread man? post up some pics of your car.

What do you mean rear bumper pods?

Dan VS 231

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Senator
Ah I thought they looked pretty similar :p I want to do exactly that, where your thread man? post up some pics of your car.

What do you mean rear bumper pods?

If you look at the bottom corners (I guess) of your bumper you will notice they arent as fat as the S2 and VZ Calais. These doo dars http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb198/lukemonty/46925_466533112145_602192145_6754091_121103_n.jpg fit on those bottom corners and just bulk it out a bit there.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a351/lowhsv12/10556029.jpg That however is the HBD rear lip and as you can see it has the extra black fill in bit along the bottom of the bumper. Which took me weeks to track one down.

I really need to take some new pics of my car to update my own folders and when I do that Ill make sure to put some on JC somewhere. All my old pics are before the full HBD kit and when it still had the 20s it came with. Its now lower in the rear and on 19s too.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Deffently do it nath !, would look good with those rims too

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
If you look at the bottom corners (I guess) of your bumper you will notice they arent as fat as the S2 and VZ Calais. These doo dars http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb198/lukemonty/46925_466533112145_602192145_6754091_121103_n.jpg fit on those bottom corners and just bulk it out a bit there.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a351/lowhsv12/10556029.jpg That however is the HBD rear lip and as you can see it has the extra black fill in bit along the bottom of the bumper. Which took me weeks to track one down.

I really need to take some new pics of my car to update my own folders and when I do that Ill make sure to put some on JC somewhere. All my old pics are before the full HBD kit and when it still had the 20s it came with. Its now lower in the rear and on 19s too.

Sweet where can I get those little thingo's from! just from holden??

POST A THREAD ASAP dude i'm keen to see your car lol.

In other news, second revision for my tune wrote in tonight - wowwww. Big difference once the spacers are actually adjusted for in the tune.

580655_3114514506718_1380096628_32211472_1239504963_n.jpg

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
how do you adjust it for the spacers to work?

would be good for you to do a full write up and give us a full rundown of everything.

and VY GTS's would look awesome.
but as soon as youll go to get them, everyone will probably have them as usual =P

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
how do you adjust it for the spacers to work?

would be good for you to do a full write up and give us a full rundown of everything.

and VY GTS's would look awesome.
but as soon as youll go to get them, everyone will probably have them as usual =P

I don't know man I don't edit the tunes. vs you can get a chip tuned by delcowizzid or the1 on here, highly recommend doing it.
not sure about vy gts will see whats around at the time...

i love driving my car so much now it's something else since the tune's been fixed up. just so so much more fun, more responsive, crisp sharp shifts.

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
What I'm realling say is,
Nathan, buy these VY GTS copies, they will look devine on your calais 2.0