Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

nathans VY Calais - 'Calais 2.0'

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
10985868_10204550439985885_8789943714796223536_n.jpg

malachi_ssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
SOON TO BE VE SSV
hey man. I just got one myself (LNC-003) and when I read the instructions it says "If both the Primary and the Secondary RPM limit are enabled then the Primary setting is selected".
so do you just swap the primary and secondary around so that it works the way you would think it would in the first place?

what I wanted was to set the ecu limiter to say 7500-8000rpm, then set the 'primary' setting to where I want me rpm limit, then use the 'secondary' limit where I want to launch off the clutch.
but with the way it is described in the instructions it seems like it has to be reversed in order to have it run that way???

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
hey man. I just got one myself (LNC-003) and when I read the instructions it says "If both the Primary and the Secondary RPM limit are enabled then the Primary setting is selected".
so do you just swap the primary and secondary around so that it works the way you would think it would in the first place?

what I wanted was to set the ecu limiter to say 7500-8000rpm, then set the 'primary' setting to where I want me rpm limit, then use the 'secondary' limit where I want to launch off the clutch.
but with the way it is described in the instructions it seems like it has to be reversed in order to have it run that way???

Ah yes, always good fun figuring this out. It's a two stage controller, where you use either of these stages it up to you - stage 1 or stage 2 could be your limiter depending on how you wire it.

All you need to do is send 12v the stage you'd like to activate. On mine, I have stage one active when the clutch is NOT pressed - this acts as my limiter and is set to 6800rpm or there abouts. When the clutch IS pressed, another relay activates stage 2 (and importantly, deactivates stage 1) which is set to 4000rpm - I use this as my launch controller - the result being, clutch in and stomp on the accelerator and it'll sit nicely at 4k and start building boost.

If you just want the limiter turned on, at the controller there's a 12v source, so you can set either of the stages to your desired limiter value and bridge that wire to the provided 12v - then that stage (limiter) will be active all the time. If you want to use both stages you'll need a setup similar to mine.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Now you've done it. Updates, we demand updates! :p