Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Navigation issue

geoffwm

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais VF
Hi Guys,

I am experiencing an unsatisfactory operation in the navigation system.
The issue relates to the “Points of Interest Icons” display. Of the two options “Show none” or “User Defined”; either of these options are valid only for the current session the vehicle is in operation, when the car is restarted the default for these icons is “Show all”.
This is extremely irritating and distracting to have to reset these icons for every trip back to the driver’s options.
The car has had two services, initial check and the nine month inspection. I have mentioned this problem on each occasion, the navigation system has been set to default twice with the report sheet stating all was in order. Obviously resetting the navigation settings to its default is not the answer as the problem remains.

is any one out there having this same issue? the dealers just don't know the answer and their reports to Holden get no response.

feed back from other VF owners would be great.

J

Jingle Bells

I am not familiar with your problem...but will look into it....I just let it load up with all the points of interest....like pit stops etc.

But here is one for the books.....when I was in Coota the other day with the navigation on... and it said to make a right hand turn onto the Gundagai road ( no problems there ) and after travelling about 500m the lady in the nav. unit announced " THAT THIS WAS NOT A DIGITISED ROAD ".....but still the road features were all there to Gundagai.....STRANGE BEHAVIOUR FOR A LADY !!!!!!....maybe that time of the month....anyone detected this strange behaviour ???????

6LVFSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS
My GPS is absolutely useless.
I can be 1 block away from my destination n it says I've arrived.I don't use it,I use my iPhone instead.I think Holden released the Storm to get rid of these faulty pieces of ****.
I'm wishing now that I got a BMW,just thought id support Australia while I still can.
On the upside,the roar of that American V8 is awesome.

ejwagon

EJwagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF v6 Calais
I am not familiar with your problem...but will look into it....I just let it load up with all the points of interest....like pit stops etc.

But here is one for the books.....when I was in Coota the other day with the navigation on... and it said to make a right hand turn onto the Gundagai road ( no problems there ) and after travelling about 500m the lady in the nav. unit announced " THAT THIS WAS NOT A DIGITISED ROAD ".....but still the road features were all there to Gundagai.....STRANGE BEHAVIOUR FOR A LADY !!!!!!....maybe that time of the month....anyone detected this strange behaviour ???????

Yep, had this today leaving Mildura and heading to Wentworth via the Silver City highway. Just for fun I put the SatNav on and was told this road was not "Digitised" I just googled it and it seems to mean that a section of the road is missing details to give you accurate information. I did not notice any issues after the message

J

Jingle Bells

My GPS is absolutely useless.
I can be 1 block away from my destination n it says I've arrived.I don't use it,I use my iPhone instead.I think Holden released the Storm to get rid of these faulty pieces of ****.
I'm wishing now that I got a BMW,just thought id support Australia while I still can.
On the upside,the roar of that American V8 is awesome.

Well I find the navigation unit top notch...when you know how to use it....my VF SV6 is a sept. 2013 build ( before future layoff's were announced ) and a thought just come to me when the lady says " this not a digitised road "...has the road diverted in part from the original road when the nav. unit was programmed and all it is doing is updating the part diversion from the original road.....and installing it on the Nav. unit via the eye in the sky ??????

By the way if I put in the home address, number and street and it is spot on and even shows my location when I park it in the garage out the back....just off the street I live in.....it will also give you your latitude and longitude co-ordinates in degrees, minutes and seconds....from any spot where the car is....very handy if you have an army map one can locate you if you on the never never or in an outback situation providing you have you have contact with the emergency services.

Last edited by a moderator:

ejwagon

EJwagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF v6 Calais
Yep, I am more than happy with the SatNav so far. March 2014 build has had no issues but will have a look at what OP is posting about

geoffwm

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais VF
Thanks for the response, but does anyone have my icon problem. I would like to know if its a software issue we all have or is it me alone. Thanks

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
Thanks for the response, but does anyone have my icon problem. I would like to know if its a software issue we all have or is it me alone. Thanks

I dont' have your problem. If I set POI off they stay off. I do not have to reset them next trip. I find the GPS as good as any. Dec 2013 build Calais.

Bradvfssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
VFSSV Nov 2013 - Satnav perfect no problems.
PS - For greater car security, never store you exact home address in your Satnav and call it "Home".