Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Naviplus apple + android carplay v's Naiviplus maps v's Alpine apple + android .Pros & Cons

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Kleanphil, does the aerpro kit totally kill the front sensors or does it just mean when I want to use the front sensors I have to press the button on the console? Sorta a bit lost on what they mean by auto detect.
Hi , tbh i'm not sure , i thought it was only the reverse side traffic warning , i don't know what the auto detect feature is but probably has something to do with the lane departure and forward collision warning as there are no settings for these in the Aerpro settings .
I do know that the Radio, Amplifier and Radar integration solutions | iDatalink Maestro , which is a similar control box as the Aerpro will allow for heated seats to work with compatible head units but i'm not sure about these other functions . If you get a Carplay/Android Auto unit you don't have to worry about Siri as it will work within Carplay , also there are reverse cameras available with some head units that have side traffic alerts if you want to overcome that problem

Last edited:

harveyconnor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SV6
Hi , tbh i'm not sure , i thought it was only the reverse side traffic warning , i don't know what the auto detect feature is but probably has something to do with the lane departure and forward collision warning as there are no settings for these in the Aerpro settings .
I do know that the Radio, Amplifier and Radar integration solutions | iDatalink Maestro , which is a similar control box as the Aerpro will allow for heated seats to work with compatible head units but i'm not sure about these other functions . If you get a Carplay/Android Auto unit you don't have to worry about Siri as it will work within Carplay , also there are reverse cameras available with some head units that have side traffic alerts if you want to overcome that problem
Have you tested the iDataLink? If so can you show us it working because I’d be keen on getting it set up in my car. Can’t be bothered waiting for alpines new model…

oms

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 CalaisV LS3
I suppose it's safe to assume that the i903-vf will never make it to the market?

It's been in "just around the corner" mode for about 2 years now.

Has anyone heard anything to the contrary?

I Wish

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, Nitrate Silver Wagon
I suppose it's safe to assume that the i903-vf will never make it to the market?

I was going to wait for the i903 but got the i902. Glad I got it now.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I was going to wait for the i903 but got the i902. Glad I got it now.
Indeed ... out of interest I was trying to find i902's for sale a few months back, didn't find any at all. I guess something as expensive & highly-specific as that is likely to be an "order only" item, no retailer would want to be stocking something that's worth $3k "just in case".

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca

you will probably find the semiconductor shortage killed any projected release date and they will probably just drop the development because of the high cost to projected low sale ratio.
you need to remember the vf is a dead vehicle when it comes to this type of thing and it is now 5~9 years old so the bean counters will be the ones that make the final call and that will probably be to just drop the development or charge $5000+ per unit to try and recover the cost and nobody is going to pay 5k.

oms

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 CalaisV LS3
you will probably find the semiconductor shortage killed any projected release date and they will probably just drop the development because of the high cost to projected low sale ratio.
you need to remember the vf is a dead vehicle when it comes to this type of thing and it is now 5~9 years old so the bean counters will be the ones that make the final call and that will probably be to just drop the development or charge $5000+ per unit to try and recover the cost and nobody is going to pay 5k.
Yeh, disappointing to say the least. It's almost impossible to get a i902-vf now due to be being end of life.