Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need a place to work

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
i dont think you can get all of the oil out doing it on a slope, unless it slopes the right way. If i was the op, id go to any carpark, generally you dont even need to jack it up, place the pan under the sump, if you put it in the right spot you can still undo sump plug with a ratchet, or just crack the bolt, put the pan there and take the bolt off with your hand. stall for about 5-10 minutes, have a snag like ephect said, have a bit of a look through bunnings, come back finish the oil change :)

if you worried about someone going lol look at that clown, surely you could do it at night in a shopping centre carpark with a torch, not ideal but yeh. carwash is a good idea to

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
I have an idea :)

If your uncomfortable doing it during the day in public, take a mate with u for a helping hand and go to the local car wash at night when it's quite

now i've heard everything

with suggestions like these it's no wonder commodore drivers are labeled as bogans

ozrockracing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Ute Series III
Bunnings at Stafford are generally pretty good, the security and staff are pretty lenient and will generally allow pretty much anything as long as you are not doing any damage, dont make a mess and not disturbing the neighbours.

I use their carpark for testing RC Trucks and have had no problems, the Police even drop by for a quick chat from time to time and to keep an eye on what's happening.

Use the Car park closest to Stafford Road, it is well lit till 11pm every night and just make sure you collect the old oil into an old bottle that can be sealed and taken away with you.

Alternative no2, go to Anaconda's Carpark near Harvey Norman @ Everton Park, their carpark is also lit very well and is quite flat, it is also quite well hidden from view from the main road, meaning not too many nosey onlookers to part with their many words of wisdom.

Welcome to Brisvegas.

ozrockracing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Ute Series III
i dont think you can get all of the oil out doing it on a slope, unless it slopes the right way. If i was the op, id go to any carpark, generally you dont even need to jack it up, place the pan under the sump, if you put it in the right spot you can still undo sump plug with a ratchet, or just crack the bolt, put the pan there and take the bolt off with your hand. stall for about 5-10 minutes, have a snag like ephect said, have a bit of a look through bunnings, come back finish the oil change :)

if you worried about someone going lol look at that clown, surely you could do it at night in a shopping centre carpark with a torch, not ideal but yeh. carwash is a good idea to

Most car washes will burr up if they catch you changing oil, it is because they are under the control of the Environmental Agencies and required to keep strict control over the amount of oil/grease that goes through their cleaning plant.
Even if you are not dumping the oil they will likely fire up about it. I used to be Asst Manager for one of the Car Lovers sites here in Brisbane and we were under instruction from Head Office to not allow any such repairs to be completed onsite.
We also had to stop people using degreasers other than the environmentally approved ones that we supplied through the machines.

It is all about compliance with the relevant enviro acts....:bang:

SWE11L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina/ KJ Verada/ 88 Trans Am
now i've heard everything

with suggestions like these it's no wonder commodore drivers are labeled as bogans

I'm sure drivers of any other cars would do the same thing if they had to. I used to live live across the road from a big church carpark which I used to do all sorts af servicing on my car, cleaned up after myself and they never gave a stuff.

WhiteVSLion

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 Ecotec White Vs Commodore Utility
Some great ideas here boys,

Guess the best way is make some friends with flat driveways :p

The money saved by doing general services by yourself, would be crushed if copper's gave a fine for being on private property.

Will keep looking and might try a pair of ramps.

WhiteVSLion

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 Ecotec White Vs Commodore Utility
May have found a place that allows you to rent a whole garage :p

Probably not worth the cash