Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MattMW

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ commodore wagon 2004
Hey ladies and gents, so I've just been called out by a mate for a drag race and I'm not sure if I'll take the win and I can't lose to a falcon. So my question is, what can I do to my vz wagon to gain an edge in a couple of days with limited money that wont damage my car

Mick06 svz

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 vz svz 3.5l alloytec
Anything you do with limited money isn’t going to make noticeable difference. Just hope ya mates Ford is a junker. You could do the “pretend” insta performance boost for peace of mind and remove the spare wheel, air filter, keep 10lts of fuel in tank with a squirt of octane boost.

Last edited:

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6

Mick06 svz

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 vz svz 3.5l alloytec
Yes completely agree, I’m assuming he’s racing on a strip in a controlled environment. Just understand the risks associated with that.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
What sort of a "mate" calls another out for a drag race , like the song goes " Just walk away Renee "

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Advice ...... unless you are going to do it on an approved strip with proper supervision and safety features ........ GROW UP, then spend what-ever money you were going to spend on living a more interesting and productive life.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
FWIW, he is not your mate, he is an absolute farking wanker, and assuming your so called mate has an inline falcon 6, it will cream the vz v6 anyway, ffs it's a wagon as well, but don't tell him that, just tell him he must have 2 dicks because he could not be so silly playing with one.

On the other hand, if you have unlimited funds, arrange to meet him at the closest drag strip where you can race under controlled conditions, and if unlucky and something goes wrong, only the two of you will suffer, no one else will be hurt or killed.

And as already mentioned, grow up.

Mick06 svz

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 vz svz 3.5l alloytec
Geez!! Relax. The guy hasn’t mentioned he’s racing on local streets and I don’t think he’s looking for another or new parent/guardian. In future MattMW if you’re going to post anything about drag racing on a public forum try and include “racing legally on approved controlled strip” so the assumption squad doesn’t have a field day with your post. I do however hope you are sensible enough to drag race legally.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Geez!! Relax. The guy hasn’t mentioned he’s racing on local streets and I don’t think he’s looking for another or new parent/guardian. In future MattMW if you’re going to post anything about drag racing on a public forum try and include “racing legally on approved controlled strip” so the assumption squad doesn’t have a field day with your post. I do however hope you are sensible enough to drag race legally.

I don't think he is sensible , but I'm willing to be proved wrong , I still think he should just walk away from his "mate" and not risk the wrath of the law , or worse , the crucifixion squad of Just Commodores .