Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need clip what later models are the same?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The clip snapped on installation. I need something off another model as i won't be able to get a VR one. What is the latest model that has the same type of mech.
20171129_192909.jpg

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
What are we looking at ?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Apologies I was rushing. The pic is a door catch mech. The oblong loop seen in the pic is missing the clip as it snapped. I had one on the mech I bought today but it's gone missing in the grass, with no hope of finding it. I need to try the stealer to get a clip but I need it to be as late a model as possible to have any hope of them stocking it.

It's really hard to lock and unlock the door without it. I'd rather not spend 20 bucks at the wreckers as they won't just sell the clip, where as new the part will be $5 or less. Basically I need to find out what is the latest model that use the same or similar type of mech and hope the part is still available.

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I can go to the stealers with my old mech but they are 50mins away on the other side of town and if no late models have something similar I will be wasting time and petrol. I'd call but trying to explain what I need over the phone will be near impossible. So really hoping for some help from a member in the know.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Tried looking at mechs online from later models and I am starting to think that the part is not similar on later models. Does look like as far back as VN used the same clip but possibly ended after the VR, maybe VS.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Rare Spares and Holden's can't get me one. One place in NSW have one but it's 25 bucks with freight and 8-10 days to get it here. Can't have the door unlocked for that long. Might have no choice but to get one from the wreckers and see if I can just buy the clip and not the whole mech.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Good news. I went to the pick your part wreckers and managed to get a door lock clip and a window winder clip thrown in with a $5 drivers door vent.