Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

need help ASAP

LUR-11D

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5speed v6 s1
Iv got a vn Commy it is pissing me off wat it's doing is stalling when goes into gear and sounds like its got a tiny mos in it. Now iv replace fuel filter fuel pump plugs leads coil packs the board under coil packs crank angle sencor and harmonic ballencer don't no wat els it could be plzz help.

O and I cleaned the oxy sencor.

LUR-11D

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5speed v6 s1
Iv tryed but can't Figger out witch pins to bridge.

vn1989

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executive series 1 v6 1989
it could be the throttle position sensor on the tb cause mine was bugged and almost stalled when it got put into gear

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
plugs? air cleaner?
i'm curious, how did you "Clean the o2 sensor"?

also when you're almost empty on fuel next time, try half a tank of premium 95-98 oct or e10 with 1/4-1/2 a bottle of injector cleaner and open it up a few times to blow the cob webs out to see if it'll make a difference, no gain running it on this fuel all the time just occasionally to help clean it (i know this works cause i haven't had to touch my plugs and leads in over 5 years and the car is still running smooth with no probs, if it runs a bit rough i run that through and it comes good) it may be a completely different issue with yours but it can't hurt to try.

LUR-11D

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5speed v6 s1
Alright thanks for the info people I'll try all ur suggestions first thing tuesday morning Missus car so yer been trying to get it running so I don't have to keep saving her off the side of the road lol.

And gave the o2 sensor I blow out with the compressor fixed it enough to get it home but still playing up.

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
try a propane/butane hand held blow torch on the o2 and burn any crap off it (don't be afraid to heat it till the tip is red), forcing anything in there air or sandblasting (seen someone say they've done that before) if it wasn't buggered it will be afterwards... generally a poisoned o2 may come good in a car if you can get it running correctly, if it's old and worn out/cracked inside there's nothing you can do except replace it, make sure the outer housing where the wires go in isn't covered in oil, if it is replace it and fix the oil leak, o2 sensor have 2 parts used to measure, 1 in the exhaust and the other in the shielding on the outside, if the outside gets covered in oil it will damage them.

with the blowtorch you can also test them with this, attach a multimeter on volts (mV) setting -ve to the -ve and +ve probe to the sensor output (never attempt to measure resistance this will kill it)
Place it in a vice, heat it up with the flame and try to get the flame going into the holes/veins, the voltage should rise somewhere between 0.7v to 1.2v (depending on the mixture of the butane/propane to air) handy to leave it in the vice till it cools down also.
when the flame is removed it should drop back to zero or to - voltage within 2 - 4 seconds, if it drops slower than this the sensor is possibly lazy and slow
(This is a rough test to check if it's working at all. Not 100% accurate test, if you can't get any reading from it even when it's red hot then it's probably dead)

o2test.jpg

Last edited:

LUR-11D

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5speed v6 s1
Yer alright mate I'll give that a try and see wat happens.

I'll also give the tb a clean out and make shore it all clean and no shits in there had a look at it other day and it looked pritty clean but never no could be crap in it.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
to check your codes bridge these 2.

13546d1141868245-checking-your-computer-faults-vn-vp-pin.jpg

LUR-11D

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5speed v6 s1
Alright I'll try that to thanks people's