Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need help on an alarm and central locking for a VB

figjamidhVK8t4

Reaction score
Members Ride
84 VK 3.3 Converted to EFI
.the yellow wire to engine power out circuit...is that a relay

figjamidhVK8t4

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah i ment 1 i have to put in or is there one that i can splice into sort of thing coz im not to sure on how to hook up that part...and now alarm triggers 2mins after locking....went to coopers auto electrics and they were bout as useful as tits on a bull....

Last edited:

figjamidhVK8t4

Reaction score
Members Ride
with the diagram it doesnt show where the first orange, and white with fuse goes to....help please

brohawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
hey man i have a cyclops alarm and imobiliser packages in my vh. there more expencive but i havent had any probs with it and my brother in law only uses cyclops in the 7 cars hes had and hasnt had a problem yet. also just use standard holden central locking from a vk or sumfin you might just need to replace the motors and you will need 2 new relays all up mine cast $460 but thats a full package it does retail for $600 but im good mates with the suppliers. that price included professional instalation new motor for passenger door 2 new relays, alarm with keyless entry, central locking, 170 bd screamer, glass sessor (for window breakage) shock sensor (if the car is hit etc.) all black wiring and the bonet and boot alarmed.

85berlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK berlina sedan 202
The first orange and white with a fuse connect up to the central locking system depending on what type of central system you have.

I thought the alarm was already connected to the central locking system?

If you do need the diagram for how to connect this up, then I have that diagram I can scan for you.

About the alarm triggering after 2m, refer to a few posts above where I have addressed this.

I will get back to you soon about the relay as I need to find out whether the relay trigger grounds or goes high. I am pretty sure that it grounds but I shall check soon.

BTW, Jaycar does sell a lot of junk but the car alarms, speakers, subs and amps are quite good quality. I have installed quite a few steelmate and shadow brand alarms and I would only use this brand. The chances are that you alarm isn't connected properly.

figjamidhVK8t4

Reaction score
Members Ride