Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need help please? Possibly broken key way on crank!!???!!??!?!?

VR.Ute.LovIt

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 Holden VR Commodore Ute
Do the PCV mod.

Clean the PCV lines out.

Release the fuel pressure via the Schrader valve which is in the picture with the plastic cap on. Then the fuel connection will release.
Ahh sweet as mate, thank you for your help, I have been neck deep in cleaning up valve covers literally FULL of carbon and DEFINITELY GLAD I REMOVED THE TIN COVERS ON THE UNDERSIDE OF EACH COVER!!! That was packed FULL with the crap, well I at least got one side done and I was going to remove the timing cover but I don’t think I will now seem as I am not doing timing chain at this stage but down the road I’ll be doing it for sure

So given the busy day I had, I’ll leave fuel lines until tomorrow now as I’d definitely like to pull it apart and clean out the fuel rail and also will do my injectors

Cheers

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
Why did you pull of the balancer. Now you got that off pull the tappet covers off and front cover and check your chain tensioners condition mainly the tensioner whare out before chains