Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need help with low mounting AC bracket for 304 VN motor

Scatman696

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk berlina
Hi Guys, I am chasing a low mounting bracket for my 304 VN motor in my VK. I have the power steering on the drivers side and I just picked up a bracket that old mate sold to me and said it was a low mounting bracket. I’m looking for confirmation of this bracket. Please see picture attached

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
No pic attached?

Scatman696

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk berlina
No pic attached?
AA99D148-6111-45A4-9606-128E9644D38E.jpeg

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes that is the AC bracket for a 304.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
But.... the VN Commodore has a AC system that used R134 refrigerant, the older models Commodores use R12. I don't know enough about AC systems if components from different systems will work happily together. I'm also not sure if the original VK AC pump will bolt onto that bracket. Best to probably speak to someone more versed in AC systems to make sure what you want to do will work.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
But.... the VN Commodore has a AC system that used R134 refrigerant, the older models Commodores use R12. I don't know enough about AC systems if components from different systems will work happily together. I'm also not sure if the original VK AC pump will bolt onto that bracket. Best to probably speak to someone more versed in AC systems to make sure what you want to do will work.

The R12 I think went out VC, I could be wrong.
But either way, you would just buy a sanden compressor for R134 that is for VS and use that.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I thought my VH was still R12 but I could be wrong.

Either way, best to get some advice from a person who knows because a quick bit of research online suggests it's not a good idea. There is more to a AC system than the AC pump.

Scatman696

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk berlina
Thanks for your help and information. I know as much as I have the bracket for the external compressor and all the internal.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think I’ll need to run the lines etc.

I’m not entirely sure what I need. Can anybody tell me exactly the components I’ll need to get this running?

Thanks again for your help!!