Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

need help with Road Warrior 7 Inch Touchscreen Car DVD Player with GPS please

teddyboy8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore Acclaim
hi all im new to this site but i just got my new head unit for chinavasion i was just wondering with the wires on this and the wires on to my vx whats they are different has any body have the same head unit and have put it in to a vx i just trying to do all my research before i go head and do this i can always take it some where but i want to learn for my self so if anyone can help with this as im very lost its my 1st time doing this.

i would also like to know what sort of speakers would fit in to my vx and and what sort of amp do i get

Road Warrior 7 Inch Touchscreen Car DVD Player with GPS + DVB-T

Attachments

• Untitled-Optimized.jpg
    Untitled-Optimized.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 276

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
I'm not sure whether there is a wiring harness adapter to suit that unit, but wiring it up should not be an issue. Match the corresponding wires up with those in this link https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/vk-vz-stereo-wiring-colours.14909 and you shouldn't have any problems.

If you plan on running an external amplifier, then i would take the oppurtunity now to run your RCA leads, and remote trigger wire now, rather than removing the unit again at a later date.

You can use what ever speakers and amp you like, to reccomend anything, you would be better of listing your budget, for the complete install, and pretty much what you would like out of a complete setup...

Z

ZaRnOw

Today I installed something very similar into my car. It was a cheap touchscreen I bought off ebay for $160.00. And Im happy to say that I am very happy with it.
Sounds fine, only problem is the menus are a little bit pixilated but for the cheap price im very happy. I just need to properly fit it to my dash.
If you have any questions, ill try to answer them.

Cheers
zarnow-albums-car-picture105627-touch-screen.html

zarnow-albums-car-picture105626-touch-screen.html