Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

need help with tensioner pulley!!!

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Download the factory workshop manual. It has step by step instructions for not only how to carry out the exact repairs you need but also how to assemble an entire VE with loose panel parts and a spot welder.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
No one is easily giving the links because you need to do a bit of work yourself. We are trying to guide you. You can lead a horse to water (and all that.)

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
If both bolts are out you should be able to wiggle the pump loose. Don't break anything. Just wiggle it until it's free enough to pull far enough out of the way to get the last tensioner bolt.
Don't try to take the pulley off. No No No.

oi nah

Reaction score
Members Ride
rattletec
No one is easily giving the links because you need to do a bit of work yourself. We are trying to guide you. You can lead a horse to water (and all that.)
got it out mate turns out i was levering on the wrong spot, i was levering just off the pulley, i was supposed to lever off the pump itself, just got the bolt out barley, but yeah looks a bit rooted, and in the centre of it it looks like its just ripped it straight off, weird how a tap of a hammer and a screwdriver can do that, didnt even hit it hard.
1694782478124.png
1694782483124.png

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Do you know any mechanics?

Reactions: Lex

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
You’re doing great but fk me, you gotta start working smarter. Think first. Look for info first.

Jumping into a VE and how it works with no experience is nothing like most of us getting into old Kingswoods and VC Commodores. Even then, we all used to have someone we know guide us before the internet was a thing. Learning the hard way then was not even in the realm of learning the hard way now. The dollars. The cost of that learning experience is “hugerer”

The last 23 years has seen cars go from easy to unbelievably hard to fix.

oi nah

Reaction score
Members Ride
rattletec
You’re doing great but fk me, you gotta start working smarter. Think first. Look for info first.

Jumping into a VE and how it works with no experience is nothing like most of us getting into old Kingswoods and VC Commodores. Even then, we all used to have someone we know guide us before the internet was a thing. Learning the hard way then was not even in the realm of learning the hard way now. The dollars. The cost of that learning experience is “hugerer”

The last 23 years has seen cars go from easy to unbelievably hard to fix.
yeah i know i get told the exact same thing at work lol, i really do need to though. was just in a bit of a rush cause i got the underdrive pulley installed and wanted to take it for a spin. but yeah i know man.
and funny enough i found out how to put that spring in lol, and ive got an idea on how to put it back together, may put it back together and see if everything feels alright and runs alright, if not ill just buy a new part

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
if the alloy sits back in its exact spot ( lined up with its fracture ) it broke in then it may be ok, if it dosnt then it will not be center when in use and will cause belt and other pulley issues