Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NEED INFO

GUBBS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs commodore
It's the Opera House Series of Holdens. There was an Opera house release back in VL so obviously there are a few other releases after that and VS was Series 5 in the sequence.

Hope this gives a bit more light on this topic.

One thing I can't get my head around is Power Windows on the Passenger side only and not the drivers ?????, sure that this isn't just a tight wad way of not fixing an electric window and retro fitting a manual winder back in place ?

Check the following thread out !
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/vs-commodore-opera-house-edition.271837/

BTW VP was Series IV (4) of the instalment.
Ok. Cheers bud. It does shed some light as to give me another "search" entry. It does seem strange it started in the VL but stranger things have happened eg:UC sunbird ha ha.
With regards to the windows, I agree. I had to re-attach the pain in the ass 40mm connection for central locking (among other things due to rarely driving on bitumen on a 35,000 acre property) and would confidently say it factory. Very strange.
Thanks for your help bud. Much appreciated.

GUBBS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs commodore
The various codes mention NMG = NSW DMG CAR. (NSW dealer managed CAR ?)
The Opera House outline badge could mean a Sydney metro dealer, but I doubt whether any dealer would have current staff with memories that long.
(I replied the same time as vs lover, his explanation is better)
Cheers mate. Give me more places to look. Appreciate it.

GUBBS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs commodore
I've had the back seat out, nothing....but tomorrow the carpet is coming up!!! ANY more I can learn can't hurt. Keep it comin fella's.

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
DMG denotes Dealer Marketing Group. This came about in the VL series onwards, to dress up cars to sell. Hence its an Opera House Limited Edition, Series 5.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
View attachment 205254 View attachment 205255 View attachment 205255
Hence its an Opera House Limited Edition, Series 5.

Which basically means that there is no documented details whatsoever with GMH and their paperwork etc. The white computer generated build-sheet if found under the carpet will tell you very little anyway as that's what's generally found in the VS models and has bugger all info on it and nothing like the traditional Production broadcast sheet that was slipped under the floor covering in earlier models such as the HQ.

There was a similar broadcast sheet for every vehicle built to the end of Elizabeth production but they stopped putting those specific sheets into the vehicles many years prior to VS production.

Below is a copy of the very last ever Production Broadcast Sheet issued to a body built at the Elizabeth plant. This is the "Redhot 6.2 Lt Manual SS Commodore Sedan" that we saw in all the news footage of the last car coming off the line on that fateful day back in October 2017.

IMG_3110 - Copy.JPG
IMG_3111 - Copy.JPG

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
One thing I can't get my head around is Power Windows on the Passenger side only and not the drivers ?????, sure that this isn't just a tight wad way of not fixing an electric window and retro fitting a manual winder back in place ?
yeah I'd say someone being a tight arse. But these days a electric reg is cheaper than manual reg. Not sure how long electric reg have been cheaper though.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Honestly, today I'd install a second-hand genuine regulator in opposed to one of those cheapy Asian units.

I remember buying a genuine new replacement RHF unit for our Acclaim back in 2007 that had a fault in it and wouldn't shut off when the glass got to the top and it just kept pushing until it sheared 3 of those large rivets off the inner door skin and went off like a shotgun. My missus couldn't hear anything for days afterwards and man "I heard it all for many weeks afterwards" even though I repaired it on the day it happened.

GUBBS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs commodore
DMG denotes Dealer Marketing Group. This came about in the VL series onwards, to dress up cars to sell. Hence its an Opera House Limited Edition, Series 5.
Thanks mate..
The only other result that popped up was 'damaged'. Can't believe how difficult to find out even with all numbers. Appreciate it

GUBBS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs commodore
Honestly, today I'd install a second-hand genuine regulator in opposed to one of those cheapy Asian units.

I remember buying a genuine new replacement RHF unit for our Acclaim back in 2007 that had a fault in it and wouldn't shut off when the glass got to the top and it just kept pushing until it sheared 3 of those large rivets off the inner door skin and went off like a shotgun. My missus couldn't hear anything for days afterwards and man "I heard it all for many weeks afterwards" even though I repaired it on the day it happened.
Wow.. I had the same problem in my GQ Patrol. Not as severe though and I can guarantee the troll is easier to replace than the commo. The VS only need some tlc due to the dust. The old boy drove it to town (1.5hrs) through the property and only about 3k's on bitumen so the sheer amount of dirt that has affected just about everything is phenomenal. Every time you fix 1 connection another decides to play up... The car is lucky I respected the old fella and the ONLY reason I repair it ha ha

GUBBS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs commodore
View attachment 205254 View attachment 205255 View attachment 205255

Which basically means that there is no documented details whatsoever with GMH and their paperwork etc. The white computer generated build-sheet if found under the carpet will tell you very little anyway as that's what's generally found in the VS models and has bugger all info on it and nothing like the traditional Production broadcast sheet that was slipped under the floor covering in earlier models such as the HQ.

There was a similar broadcast sheet for every vehicle built to the end of Elizabeth production but they stopped putting those specific sheets into the vehicles many years prior to VS production.

Below is a copy of the very last ever Production Broadcast Sheet issued to a body built at the Elizabeth plant. This is the "Redhot 6.2 Lt Manual SS Commodore Sedan" that we saw in all the news footage of the last car coming off the line on that fateful day back in October 2017.

View attachment 205256 View attachment 205257
Unfortunately it is not as transparent as it should be. And adding to this, the old fella drove himself to the hospital where he died and I had to pick it up from Roma. Delightful smell when I opened it to see a 2ltr bottle of brake fluid with a cracked lid on passenger floor...all leaked and in the heat... Haven't lifted carpet yet but I doubt any papers would survive.