Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need some help with my VR 1993 Sedan (v6)

PhilChorusch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive v6
I would like to say a big THANK YOU to everyone who has replied to my post I truly appreciate all your help :) I have completely fixed my car except for stuffing the old knock sensor (long story) just need to glue a new nut onto it and remove it that way or use a LH drill bit and put in the new one ;)

Once again THANK YOU everyone for your advice to help me fix my car xD

PhilChorusch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive v6
I have some more questions to ask lol:)

I am attempting to upgrade from my Level 2 cluster and wiring loom to a Level 3 cluster and wiring loom
and I have these already to be installed however I am trying to understand what plug goes where on the Level 3 wiring loom
I know where all the big ones go lol just when I brought it from ebay the seller forgot to lable all the plugs for me so I would know what I am doing

If someone has a level 3 wiring loom or some diagram clearly showing where the plugs goes this also would be appreciated
I am aware how to install it just not where some plugs go

I am also installing a rear view camera on my VR and thinking would it be best to connect the power cables to the "Reverse" power
wires or plug so that way the rear view camera can turn on the monitor and camera at the same time when the car is set in reverse
However with my little knowledge in cars I need to know where I can find the power wires or plug for the reverse lights

Thanks in advance :):)

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Have a look through the tripin thread https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/tripin.994
this has just about everything you need to know re cluster change..
The reversing camera, when I did mine I spliced into the reverse switch wiring at the base of the shifter and used that for both monitor and camera power. Not sure of the color code as its been a while, I just used a multi meter to find the 12 volts when in reverse and ignition was on....

PhilChorusch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive v6
G'day everyone,

I would like to thank everyone who has helped me to get my car fixed, I really appreciate everything :)
I did have my car working, however I just had a bit of a problem yesterday "I'm very stupid" I forgot to tighten the bolts on
the power steering pump pulley which caused the belt to snap and the power steering bottle is now completely damaged :(

What I wanted to do is try to remove the broken Knock Sensor from the engine block because there's no f***ing way to get it out
It's either me or I have the wrong tools to remove it, I do have left-hand thread screws to remove stuck bolts but I cannot get them
into the knock sensor's bolt it's just f***ing impossible!!! I will post a photo later!

Is there an alternative bolt hole on my engine block so that I don't have to worry about removing the old knock sensor bolt
so I can install my new knock sensor? Please post a photo, I am getting rather fed up with my car and the next best thing is
getting a large hammer and I swear I will begin smashing the entire car with it