Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need tips for fitting 19s to a VH

180sc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais & vh sl
These 3 will hopefully give u a laugh before you see mine... after all 19s look soooo bad.

i like the last 2 but the first one looks like ass!!
the problem is with the larger diameter comes wider tyres then they track like a mother ####er and ride like **** other than that roll your lips and enjoy!!

LS1 James

Donates His Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II GEN3 V8 Wagz
i like the last 2 but the first one looks like ass!!
!

Do you think it has something to do with the missing side strips compared to the other 2 though?
I think they look plainwithout them

Back to the wheels - Hanky420, Put on whatever wheels YOU like mate, after all it's you that sees the car and drives it everyday, Not anyone commenting on here.
Don't get me wrong, I think my car sits a little funny on 17 x 235's and i wouldn't go any bigger but my car is a daily and the only wheels bigger than 15's i would put on are ROH 5 spokes, Which i did.
At the end of the day its up to you.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
These 3 will hopefully give u a laugh before you see mine... after all 19s look soooo bad.

omfg, how could they do that to a shadow tone? somesome needs to be shot. the pooh brown one looked like arse to begin with anyway, so couldnt get much worse.

but thanks for posting pics on "what not to do to a clean shadow tone SLE"

LS1 James

Donates His Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II GEN3 V8 Wagz
Was the 2 tone painjob on SLEs an option or standard?

VBRED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VK Calais 333 Pack
I am not a big fan of big wheels but at the end of the day it is your choice if you want to compromise the handling and braking of your commodore and the cops when they defect you and probably your insurance company when they decide not to pay out.

If you go 19's I would not go cut spring seats. See if you can source some coilovers and definitley upgrade you're brakes to VT or VE. To run 19's legally it would need to be engineered. Mine is engineered to run 16's with VN V8 brakes all round.

hiy_po

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Executive
As above Height adjustable spring seats will make your life easier. I have found these on ebay, click here Some one else may know of a better way to get them

Hanky420

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
omfg, how could they do that to a shadow tone? somesome needs to be shot. the pooh brown one looked like arse to begin with anyway, so couldnt get much worse.

but thanks for posting pics on "what not to do to a clean shadow tone SLE"

pooh brown?. i have never heard of sombody having poo that color.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition

HSV802

Reaction score
Members Ride
RIP HSV Senator. Current 2002 VX2 HSV Clubsport.
I had 20s on my old VK and they fitted fine with out any mods on super lows all round, 20x8.5 with 35mm offset with 235/30/20 tyres, ride was a bit hard to say the least, but i liked it and so did 98% of people who saw it. I also had 19s on the same car 19x8 and i think the offset where 48mm, they cleared the front struts but there wasnt much room, i think they had 235/35/19s on them.

big wheels look good as long as the car is low, otherwise it can look abit wrong.

But I have to say only thing i wouldnt put big wheels on is a VH SL/E if i had one.

Good luck.

cycloneracing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC Commodore L Sedan
Just a question for the front: How do you shift up the front spring mount on the macpherson strut suspension? Do you have to pull out the whole strut to do that or can you do that while it is in the car?

By the way all:

you're / your
their / there / they're

All of these words have a purpose and a place... try to get it right! We're not in primary school after all...