Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

need urgent help!!

W8INL9

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Berlina Series 2
I have 2 subs in my car, one is a soundstream x pro sub, and the other a pioneer champion series sub, under load the champion series sub cuts out and stops working till i turn it down, then turn it back up it will work for a little bit and cut out again, need help as to why this is happening ?? I have checked all wiring, power, earth, remote, amp to sub, everything seems fine so why is it cutting out ? any help will be appreciated ?

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
From your description, the amp is cutting out because you're driving it too hard. Whether the load is too low for the amp or the wiring isn't sufficient to power the amp, I can't tell through a computer especially when you didn't give and model numbers or say what wiring you used.

Also, you shouldn't mix different subs.

ASxTecH

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF LSA Maloo
dude your slaming the amp to much, turn down your GAINS on your amp, turn bass boost on your headunit and lower bass boost on your amp down and it should stop

Razzza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Running two different subs is like driving with two different sized tyres, its just wrong.. In my opinion anyway

Give us the specs of the subs, amp and wiring and someone here will definitely be able to help you

W8INL9

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Berlina Series 2
yea its just a throw together for a couple of months, till i pay for and get my twin t6s from america.... running 2 guage wiring, and thick as wiring from amp to sub, not a pro at this stuff so yea... only know model number for the amp thats cutting out and its DPX1001.1, and its a champion series 600rms i think sub thats cutting out ?

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Can't help without the exact sub model number. It will have DVC but we need to know what ratings the coils are and how they are wired.