Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need Urgent Help!!

Thegreatwombatski

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve series II sv6 voodoo
Hay guys, I fitted an audio line lc6i to my ve s2 sv6 today.
After wiring all the speaker lines to the lc6i and from the amp to the speaker wires behind the iq system (plug in deck on drivers side) the iq system now wont turn on. Everything seems to be wired fine... No loose wires shorting on each other and the speaker wires are all that I cut behind there. I have the earth lead connected to the cig lighter earth (under iq) and am grabbing +12v from the orange/white wire behind the glove box (hands free plug?)

HEKYEH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged 2010 VE SS-V
Did u disconnect the battery before u did anything?
Have you checked your fuses?

Thegreatwombatski

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve series II sv6 voodoo
No I didn't disconnect the battery... Dumb thing to do I know by figured the plugs not in the deck when I cut the speaker wires so it should be fine to leave it connected ($h!+, might have been wrong there)
Checked all the blade fuses in the passenger side and in the engine bay and they all seem fine... Not sure how to check them big black ones that ya can't see through.
Driving me crazy not having tunes but it's dam right dangerous driving with fogged up windows :-(

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
I didn't disconnect my battery when I did mine. Did you put the plug back in properly?

Thegreatwombatski

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve series II sv6 voodoo
Yeah I've taken the plug out and refitted it about 10 times... I just re-wired the whole lot again and still nothing!
Moved the +12v from the hands free plug (now its dead 2) and wired it to the glove box plug that's still live. Remote in is still running from the brown hands free wire.... Lc6i has the power light on when I turn on acc and so does the amp so I'm now 100% sure that they are not the issue.
Anyone removed the iq system before? More looms in up the top where you can't see that
may have come loose?... Perhaps a fuse in there somewhere?

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Hmm well if you've screwed up the IQ system then get ready to fork out about $2k for a new one...

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
You poor bastard, nothing worse than a one hour project turning into a two week project. Good luck with it mate.

Thegreatwombatski

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve series II sv6 voodoo
$2000 for that useless piece of crap system, dam!
Surely one from the wreckers would work.
Still don't know how anything could stuff up cause like I said ive only cut the speaker wires

Thegreatwombatski

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve series II sv6 voodoo
Ha ha yeah, thanks pjdm1980.
I knew getting alpine type r's was a bad idea. Lol