Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Negative Fuel Trim on Bank 1

Zyigo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV6
Hey all,

After a long saga, I've got my car up and running with a new ECU. Unfortunately I have long term fuel trim issues. Currently they are at -13.7% on B1 and -3.1% on B2. The car is clearly running a little rich with a little smoke out of the exhaust on the occasion and every now and then, it takes a few times to turn over when starting.

I know you'll probably say O2 but I swapped them side to side and it didn't change the negative bank.

I should say that I just changed injectors too. Could a dodgy injector install/injector o-ring result in these symptoms?

Skipy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Be Calais v6
Hey all,

After a long saga, I've got my car up and running with a new ECU. Unfortunately I have long term fuel trim issues. Currently they are at -13.7% on B1 and -3.1% on B2. The car is clearly running a little rich with a little smoke out of the exhaust on the occasion and every now and then, it takes a few times to turn over when starting.

I know you'll probably say O2 but I swapped them side to side and it didn't change the negative bank.

I should say that I just changed injectors too. Could a dodgy injector install/injector o-ring result in these symptoms?
I have same problem did you fix it

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Pre cat or post cat sensor?