Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Commodore - more O2 sensor codes

kjom

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
Hi All,

It looks like I'm another victim of the dreaded O2 sensor saga on the VE.

Multiple trips to mechanics with little joy - ie check engine light reappears after a day or two.

In summary I have:

P0137 O2 sensor circuit low Voltage B1 S2
P0157 O2 sensor circuit low Voltage B2 S2
P2270 O2 Sensor signal stuck lean B1 S2
P2272 O2 Sensor signal stuck lean B2 S2

What's interesting is we replaced the B1 S2 O2 sensor and we're still getting the same codes, albeit a day after leaving the mechanics.

I'm guessing the mechanic looked at the harness but to me this seems weird that all rear sensors are throwing these codes, even after we changed one.

Anyone got any ideas on where to look next?

Thanks in advance.

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6, 2010 International, 1996 VS Exec
It could be the wiring and it could also be the cat is blocked or there is an exhaust leak.
Replacing the part didn't work so now someone is going to have to actually diagnose the fault correctly.
Seen a few blocked cats cause some grief with stupid codes.

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T / HJ Ute / VF2 R8
Yeah, trip to the auto sparky man.

kjom

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
Thanks guys, I'm going to try to clean up the earths and go from there. Good as any place to start I guess.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
and the fuel trims are????

kjom

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
No idea yet. Just back out of hospital so I'll have another look.

kayhanaudio

Reaction score
Members Ride
Victoria
Hi All,

It looks like I'm another victim of the dreaded O2 sensor saga on the VE.

Multiple trips to mechanics with little joy - ie check engine light reappears after a day or two.

In summary I have:

P0137 O2 sensor circuit low Voltage B1 S2
P0157 O2 sensor circuit low Voltage B2 S2
P2270 O2 Sensor signal stuck lean B1 S2
P2272 O2 Sensor signal stuck lean B2 S2

What's interesting is we replaced the B1 S2 O2 sensor and we're still getting the same codes, albeit a day after leaving the mechanics.

I'm guessing the mechanic looked at the harness but to me this seems weird that all rear sensors are throwing these codes, even after we changed one.

Anyone got any ideas on where to look next?

Thanks in advance.
Hi

I feel your frustration with the persistent O2 sensor issues on your VE. Dealing with multiple error codes, especially after replacing one sensor, can be perplexing. Considering the codes are related to the rear sensors, it might be worthwhile to inspect the wiring harness thoroughly. Check for any damaged wires, loose connections, or potential shorts in the O2 sensor circuit.

Also, ensure that the connectors are in good condition and securely plugged in. Sometimes, an intermittent connection can trigger these codes. If the issue persists, it might be worth exploring the possibility of a faulty ECM (Engine Control Module) or issues with the power supply to the sensors.

I hope you find a resolution soon! Best of luck in troubleshooting and getting your VE back to optimal performance. If you have more details, the community might be able to provide more specific insights. ️

Deb5ta

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss holden ute
I replaced my cats because of the 02 code, drove out of the mechanics and not 10mins later the code came up again, not happy, cost a fortune after already having them cleaned before replacing them. I have a 2010 VE SSV6 ute

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6, 2010 International, 1996 VS Exec
They wonder why people knock the cats out and turn off the codes!
Before anyone says it's not legal, I think they know that but after spending hundreds and sometimes thousands the cure actually works and does not seem to cause any issues with the cars themselves.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
The problem is that most autosparkies and nearly all mechanics can not correctly go through modern diagnostic process.

This will only be resolved by skilled technician with the use of an oscilloscope to see what the data is doing and trace where it is going wrong.

The Alloytec based Commodores have long had issues with cheap o2 sensors. Bosch everytime. They were used by the factory and they should be continued to be used. Watch perceived problems disappear.