Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Never going to another holden dealership

ryno_vrx

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV enhanced Berlina
avoid mackays holden service department , walk in state what the exact problem is and what i want done to fix it. was told we have an inspection fee of (around $60-80) and we'll find out whats wrong and tell you...... took a deep breath (try again) told them the exact problem and what i'd already done trying to fix it..... got the same response..... told them to go get me a machanic to talk to explained the situation, no problem he said i pick the car up that afternoon the they've replace the window regulator which i'd stated was bloody new as i'd just had it replaced and thats all they'd done ( forgot to add i asked if they could unblock my drain and check for a strange viabration that was coming from the aircon and random intervals, which they didnt bloody do but claimed they did, pretty sure if they'd unblocked the drain it wouldnt still be pissing out water on my foot) and after all that i go to use the window and it goes down but fails to come back up i go to question them and all i get is sorry sir we're closed..... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (end rant)

Commydoor

born in the FB era
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Ss Blown
to compensate for liable if you name the dealerships just post up the suburb...cant be too many in that suburb to choose from...example...K***Y Holden Cardiff NSW...

hingo1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
I have had no real problems with my Holden dealer (Commonwealth Motors in Canberra). They have fixed all my niggling issues under warranty and performed all my services since owning the car. Can't complain.

Can I ask what dealership you went to 06vzcalais? Canobolas Holden?

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
The "Holden Slander" section will never happen :p

the_trademarc

The Cult Of Personality
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Members Ride
E-Series 1 Clubsport R8
to compensate for liable if you name the dealerships just post up the suburb...cant be too many in that suburb to choose from...example...K***Y Holden Cardiff NSW...

Yeah but would there be more than one Holden dealership per suburb/region? Doubt it.
Berwick Holden, every Tom Dick and Jane knows its Barry Bourke, Dandy Holden, Booran, Glenny, Barloworld....it won't work.
And the way dealerships get set-up, closed down, allianced, partnershipped, it will be way too hard to maintain a decent worthwhile database.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
I have had no real problems with my Holden dealer (Commonwealth Motors in Canberra). They have fixed all my niggling issues under warranty and performed all my services since owning the car. Can't complain.

Can I ask what dealership you went to 06vzcalais? Canobolas Holden?
Commonwealth are good, it's Slavens that let ACT Holden dealers down.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
lol yea, all car manifactures put a screw in their intake manifold for it to snap on it's own leaving a hole aey??? I think not. Bottom line is, if it was un-necessary they should of just not had a hole there with a screw in it in the first place.

Much the same way u can get that aftermarket manifold that obviously they dont have they there.

It is a design fault.......

sigh, what your thinking is a design fault, the front right hand bolt hole has never had a bolt in it, mainly because of the fact there is no manifold under it...... hence why you can see the injectors under it......

id be laughing my head off if you can in asking for a replacement cause its missing a bolt.

if it was where one of the bolts go, it wouldd have only snapped from someone wlse tampering with it..... there is no reason for it to snap, they are only torqued to 20nm