Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New 2014 SS V Redline Sportswagon

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
Looks a lot better than it did before!

I've liked regal since it came out but the colour doesn't seem to transition as much as i wanted so decided not to go for it, looks great on your wagon though!

Would be interesting to see how much depth it gains from a proper cut and polish

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Would be interesting to see how much depth it gains from a proper cut and polish
What you're seeing is how much depth it'll ever gain ... it's not going to get more show-car level of paint treatment than that. :)

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm Sportwagon
Hey Forg,

Are you keeping the chrome trim around the side windows??? or looking to go black??

cheers

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
What you're seeing is how much depth it'll ever gain ... it's not going to get more show-car level of paint treatment than that. :)

Depends what was involved in the paint correction haha but i will take your word for it, either way it looks much better now!

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
Never mind, doesn't matter now haha...

Hey Forg,

Are you keeping the chrome trim around the side windows??? or looking to go black??

cheers

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
Awesome man, you've done the world a big favour. Love that colour. Your paint correction guy done a great job also!!

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
Awesome work with the paintwork. They did a great job...

That car was a promotional vehicle they did in conjunction with the Pacific Prism Ski shop in camden.... hope they didn't spend too much on the vynil decals. Looked horrible, glad you fixed it up haha.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Hey Forg,

cheers
Heh heh heh ... I assume you've found someone else to swap chrome trim with? :)

Nah, I don't think there's a black option for the tailgate, and the doorhandles with the auto-unlock buttons inbuilt would be a challenge to replace. So I think the chrome around the window-opening, doorhandles, and tailgate-trim will look OK by themselves ... and the Phantom Black will be cool for the front end.
Or that's what I tell myself. :)

That car was a promotional vehicle they did in conjunction with the Pacific Prism Ski shop in camden.... hope they didn't spend too much on the vynil decals. Looked horrible, glad you fixed it up haha.
Ahh ... thought it must have been a surf shop, as it also wore a flouro green surfboard.
Ski shop / surf shop, same s**t different smell.
Just happy the paint came up so well it may as well never have been vinyl'd ... :)

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
haha no unfortunately no swap, ended up getting lucky and found the rear 1/4 windows on eBay with the chrome trim for $70 each and picking up tomorrow (as oppose to $200 EACH from Holden) and then just bought the rest of the trims from Holden. All up was $525 inseatd of Holdens $770. A swap would have been sweet, but i can live with what I've ended up with. Will Look mint once their on. Goes really well with the prussian steel and will tie in with the chrome indicator side vent, chrome storm badge and chrome boot strip, Especially once tinted....

haha yeah, as long as you can tell yourself its cool then thats all that matters, too many people worry about what other people will think about their car haha

Heh heh heh ... I assume you've found someone else to swap chrome trim with? :)

Nah, I don't think there's a black option for the tailgate, and the doorhandles with the auto-unlock buttons inbuilt would be a challenge to replace. So I think the chrome around the window-opening, doorhandles, and tailgate-trim will look OK by themselves ... and the Phantom Black will be cool for the front end.
Or that's what I tell myself. :)

Ahh ... thought it must have been a surf shop, as it also wore a flouro green surfboard.
Ski shop / surf shop, same s**t different smell.
Just happy the paint came up so well it may as well never have been vinyl'd ... :)