Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New amp noise WTF!?!?

tunner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ tonner
hey guys, today i installed a brand new Option audio 1300w 2/3/4 channel amp into my car. No sub (yet), Headunit has been modified by ASR and the speakers are 2x 6 1/2'' fusion 240w ( i have a ute, hence the two speakers)

The problem i have discovered this afternoon is as I drive, there is a high pitched noise comming through the speakers (its not the music haha). The frequency of the noise is directly related to the cars acceleration (the higher the revs, the higher the noise becomes).

Im thinkin this problem has something to do with the charge being produced by the alternator to the battery, where the amp is connected. . Pretty keen toget rid of the noise, its pissing me off.

Any thoughts/ explanations/ questions/ similar stories are more than welcome. .

Cheers guys!!

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Like both above have said.. Get the amp fuse close to the battery as well

tunner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ tonner
yea amp fuse is close to the battery and amp is earthed to the body. My mate said the same thing as sweefu, so with a gut full of piss last night we re-ran the rca cables away from the power cable and hey presto, noise was gone. cheers guys!

MAG00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais
Alternator noise through the power cables that interfered with the RCA cables, common issue, glad you sussed it out :)