Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New car suggestions

yxyx64

Reaction score
Members Ride
Kia turbo + Holden badge, Chev badge in Texas
speaking of overseas ( ever worked on a JTS Alfa motor? )
is it true that they do not use toilet paper in India?

Last edited:

Luke_chargedvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VT Calais
Pulsar ! Like demonica said.. Lots of fun

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL Wagon
get an AU3 XR6 sedan, $5K will get a nice one and they are a great driver car and can get 9l/100km in the city if your smooth. better steering and handling than a commo but don't look as good and then you will get cut off by commodore drivers all the time.
I sold my 2002 XR8 because the misus though our 2001 VX looked better so we had to keep that.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
1; Search Carsales.com.au

2; Find what you like

3; Buy.

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
I may be biased but VY is a good car, easy
to work on/obtain parts. Not the best
fuel econ, but not bad for a V6.

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
yeah but they have lions and elephants so I reckon india might be african

India is part of the Asian continent, not Africa, they could have kangaroos and it wouldn't make them Australian, they'd still be Asian :p

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
India is part of the Asian continent, not Africa, they could have kangaroos and it wouldn't make them Australian, they'd still be Asian :p

Actually, they'd still be Indian....

WazzaV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
Gday, my VS got written off the other day.
It was parked and some bloke smashed into the rear before driving off. Luckily someone got the number plate, we found his house and he got arrested (he blew .12).
Anyway now I need a new car for around $5000.

Does anyone have any suggestions for any car (not necessarily a commo) around this price that's manual and either on gas or efficient? Hatchbacks and girls' cars don't count.

Cheers, Patrick

Too bad the cops found and breath tested him, that voids his insurance cover and makes it harder for you to get compensated.umfortunately for you I just sold my other car, a VX with 125k on the clock for $3500 so there are plenty of bargains out there if your patient which is the key to getting something good. The biggest mistake I made buying second hand cars was to buy the first one that took my fancy and not waiting for the bargain. Try the vehicle auctions, usually you bid against used car salesmen and they don't buy anything they can't make a profit on so if you pay $100 more than they are willing to pay your getting it for 30% less than they would sell them for in their car yards. (E.g pay $5000 at the auction they would sell at $8000 at the car yards)

Isn't their still a subsidy to convert a car to gas...I know Howard introduced it but PM Ronald McDonald may have scrapped it