Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New cluster missing functions!!

Crackpot

he who sits in the corner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive MY06
Hey all, sorry I took so long to get back, thought I'd wait around until my car was due for a service . So I took it in to my dealer and he said he'll update the software. But it was to no avail. But I got my hands on a Calais cluster. Plugged it in, programmed it and all features are there. So I checked the S/W versions of my old cluster (LVL1) and the new Calais cluster (LVL3) and they were both 0.41.0. Most likely '06 models (If you want to find out the S/W version of the cluster either go in to Engineer Mode and cycle through or look at the sticker on the back of the cluster. It will have it printed on there). I'm just assuming that all clusters with S/W version 0.41.0 and later will support aftermarket head units :yarr:

SSV8, as for your son's SWC, is the H/U compatible with it? Mine came with cables that you need to solder on to the cables from SWC and it was fully functional.

WL2005HBD

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 WL Statesman HBD
I have removed my headunit in my WL statesman. Granted its a Level 4, however, even with aftermarket HU, I still have ALL my functions.
Headlight delay, in drive lock, beep on lock, interior light delay etc??

Crackpot

he who sits in the corner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive MY06
As I said, I'm simply assuming that S/W 0.41.0 or later will support this. But then again, your cluster being a LVL4 from a Stato, it might have different configurations? Because my stock LVL1 had all functions as well. and that was S/W 0.41.0 too.