Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Commodore VXR

Alan H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXR
I have just purchased a Black 2020 VXR. I was expecting a standard (looking) Black VXR but, what I got is a "Black" VXR. All the chrome trim is replaced with Black trim. It also seems a bit lower as well. I cannot find anything about it in Australia but happened to stumble upon images of a Black Edition in NZ.
I would like to think I have the only one in WA. Does anyone else know of these in Oz.

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
I must say I prefer the chrome with black as it really pops. With a red or white body the black out looks a lot better, all in my opinion of course.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
I have just purchased a Black 2020 VXR. I was expecting a standard (looking) Black VXR but, what I got is a "Black" VXR. All the chrome trim is replaced with Black trim. It also seems a bit lower as well. I cannot find anything about it in Australia but happened to stumble upon images of a Black Edition in NZ.
I would like to think I have the only one in WA. Does anyone else know of these in Oz.

Yes there are black editions in Australia. They look quiet good especially in White with the black outlines. The Equinox also has a black edition.

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
I must say I prefer the chrome with black as it really pops. With a red or white body the black out looks a lot better, all in my opinion of course.

I agree, black trim on a dark colour looks odd in my eyes. My current and last cars were dark blue and green, and i think the chrome highlights really sets it off.
There is a big trend for complete blackouts now though, I just don't get it!

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
...There is a big trend for complete blackouts now though, I just don't get it!
Makes the car a little more stealth so doing drug deals at night should be easier :eek: if you are into that sort of thing :p

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Pictures

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Makes the car a little more stealth so doing drug deals at night should be easier :eek: if you are into that sort of thing :p

If I was a drug dealer I'd hope i could afford something better than a ZB :p
Although maybe for buyers....

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Some would say that one would have to be on drugs to consider buying one.....:rolleyes:

Maybe.... but if you drive one for a few days you think wow this car is bloody awesome as long as you get out of your head it's not a V8.
The guys with VT, VX, VS, VE etc will think the same. Even it is better at handling than the VF Commodore. The tech in it is so much better and the MY20 with the MyLink update is bloody good too.

It's a pity that everyone bagged these cars as they were quite good. I also think the 2.0 litre version is good too.