Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Daily Driver

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Would be sad to see it go, good luck on the house searching too been doing it myself recently
I confirmed with mace the memcal I have is a normal mace one, so if you are interested let me know

KrisG

Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 VSII Berlina
What a great find mate, she's got plenty of years left in her. You'll get over the SV6 eventually, the VS is such a nice car to drive :D

I find that chrome moulds and chrome window surrounds look very nice on darker coloured commodores, in your case, sherbrooke green metallic, they'll look fantastic.

Calais tail lights would clean it up more, and personally I wouldn't go an SS kit, as nice as they look, sometimes simply lowering an Exec looks nice and clean.

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
Would be sad to see it go, good luck on the house searching too been doing it myself recently
I confirmed with mace the memcal I have is a normal mace one, so if you are interested let me know

Pm'd ya mate ;)

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
What a great find mate, she's got plenty of years left in her. You'll get over the SV6 eventually, the VS is such a nice car to drive :D

I find that chrome moulds and chrome window surrounds look very nice on darker coloured commodores, in your case, sherbrooke green metallic, they'll look fantastic.

Calais tail lights would clean it up more, and personally I wouldn't go an SS kit, as nice as they look, sometimes simply lowering an Exec looks nice and clean.

Thanks mate :) I would imagine she will need a bit of work considering age and amount of k's and for my peace of mind as well. It has already started, I have overheating issues with her noticed it on valentines day going into the city and back running really hot on idle but cooled down once I was driving. Taken it to my local guys the fan is kicking far late so a fault in the sensors are to blame that and the thermo is not opening either, and getting the hoses changed in the process.

You maybe onto something with the chrome mouldings around the car I went past another sherbrooke green vs.. looked good got me thinking about putting ve caprice series 1 wheels on her too.... food for thought :)

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
The1 can probably get the thermo's to kick in a little earlier as well
Sounds good anyway sorry about the CAI

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
No dramas frogsta,

Update!
Memcal on its way!! The1 has been a good person to deal with thus far. Can't wait to get my hands on it and find a spare hour to get it installed. Thinking about de badging and leaving only the lion badges on. Thoughts? Going to order clear side indicators as well.

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Clear side indicators good choice. Debadging is nice, leave the front lion on for sure, back lion works too though I removed mine and think it looks good. Back lion does have holes behind it though, front one probably too
Should only take 10-15min to do the memcal, could even do it in a carpark lol after buying some hex keys at supercheap :p
Good luck and some nice taste thus far

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
Hey guys!

Been a bit busy with work and stuff but I have an update! The1 came through for me my new memcal came in yesterday and a bonus that I have today off so installed the new memcal and I gotta say what an overall improvement!! Much much more responsive shifts way better than stock doesn't struggle to get to 3500-4000rpm like it did before really happy with the result. With the power button on I wheel spun so many times loved it! Yes it's pouring here in melbourne easier to do so but both modes feel really good :)

Great investment for anyone considering and yes do pm The1 he is a fantastic guy to speak to highly recommended!

Also purchased my clear side indicators waiting for them to arrive I am going to debadge the car and only leaving the lion badges on. I know Frogsta mentioned that the rear badge is screwed in somehow.. so I might just leave it.. Going to read up on how to remove the badges, I believe hairdryer and fishing wire is the go along with some cleaning agents..

Needs a decent detail and some window tint im thinking thats next on my list and the cd player.

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Yeah they will work fine. I used a screwdriver and adhesive remover with a rag, sprayed all of them and let them soak and then peeled then off. Obviously fishing wire is safer than screwdriver but took maybe 30 min all up

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
Ok sweet when I get some time this will be the next job, inexpensive but effective. Cheers frogsta.