Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

new daily - vx ss

5speedvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
ok well im still not completely happy with the sound of my exhaust so after a few discussions with a few people about my options we came up with 3 ideas. put a twin 3 inch system on it but I think that's overkill for a daily. diff dumpers but im not looking to get yellowed... so the decision is to swap out the redback mufflers with hooker areochambers, should be done in the next few weeks. getting valve springs and a tune when I eventually do my tax and maybe a set of 3.9s if I have the cash.

5speedvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
finally got around to doing some work on this thing yesterday. put my old kicker 6 inchs in the front doors and my fusion 6 inchs in the rear doors and even managed to 'fix' the rear spoiler... the clear was peeling and annoying the crap out of me so I sanded the clear back a bit sprayed some more red on to get rid of the faded parts and then 3 coats of clear. its not 100% but it looks much better! before
2013-08-09114256_zpsd8fa8902.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
after
2013-08-09120256_zps8b9e7f49.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

corey95

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS HBD S2
very nice, let me know how you go with the diff gears

5speedvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
yeah I will. tune should be done in the next few weeks, just have to sort out when with Active auto

5speedvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
iv decided since its a daily that the diff ratio is going 3.46 but finding a manual centre is ####ing hard! as soon as I find one its getting booked in at actives for a tune

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
iv decided since its a daily that the diff ratio is going 3.46 but finding a manual centre is ####ing hard! as soon as I find one its getting booked in at actives for a tune
M8 you will be kicking yourself later if you dont go with 3.73 gears - got genuine ones in my daily and its perfect. Dont go after market gears ( as i found out no matter how much adjusting you do to them or whatever oil or additive you use, they can whine at certain speeds and drive u crazy). Genuines cost a bit more but well worth it plus you will have better acceleration over the 3.46's.

5speedvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
Its looking more like 3.7s since i cant find a set of 3.46s under $600

5speedvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
well not a lot has been happening with this thing lately... fitted a catch can the other day, picked up a new joiner to fit my otr to the t/b and I will be sorting the tune out either this week or next week :)

5speedvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
2013-10-26114903_zps6edb6e9a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] I got bored today so I put the new bracket on that I had made up for the catch can. I also decided to cut back the plastic off the top of the radiator and trial fit the OTR and actually be able to shut the bonnet, accidently put a pin prick in the radiator! so iv put the radiator repair stuff where the hole is and im going to put the liquid stuff in the overflow and hope to god it holds for a few weeks!