Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

new daily - vx ss

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Looks like a good replacement for the S.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
got all of my pulleys changed yesterday and its like a completely new car! revs harder, idles smoother and has a lot less drone out of the exhaust :D

Sorry but i fail to see how changing pulleys makes a vehicle rev harder or changes a note on the exhaust.

Think you have a placebo effect going on there.

5speedvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
its got me confused too... they were screwed, you could only turn 1 of the pulleys by hand, the rest were that ####ed... but iv got almost zero drone after picking the car up and it gets up to speed quicker now (feels like it anyway). yeah its a little faster than the s but not by much, well for now anyway ;)

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
It should have some more pick up then due to the less strain on the engine, hence idle be lesser and less stress overall
In that scenario i can see how can be more pick up and go

However, you are bloody lucky the belt didnt wear out and break

Hope you changed the belt as well cos it may have stetched and also damaged it.

5speedvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
yeah the belt was screwed so that got changed too. high flow cats rocked up today :D

5speedvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
cats are being installed on Friday, 165 for fitting and the cat pipes made up is an awesome price! :) spoke to my mechanic today and he thinks the rear main might be leaking so its going up on the hoist in a few days so we can check it out, if it needs changing then im ordering a 2500rpm stall converter to chuck in while the box is out

ryan101

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
Let us no how you go with the rear main! Where is it actually leaking from?

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Yeh same, let us know.

I have a small leak also. Not too bad but wanna know what ya mechanic quotes and also how much you get the stallie etc if you go down that road

5speedvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
apparently its only a few hundred to change because you only have to drop the box and that's about the hardest part. he told me the sump gasket is the expensive one because up have to drop the k frame ect to get to it. found my 2500 stall through summit racing, its cheap as so I might as well chuck it in before I sort out a tune.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hup-22-25

5speedvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
cats got put on this morning and it sounds great!!!! its deeper and has an awesome growl now.

after the cats got fitted I took it to my mechanics to get it up on the hoist and look for leaks and all we could find was that both rockers are slightly leaking but that's an easy job and iv got some oil leaking from the filter so its getting serviced on Friday.

going to order some upgraded valve springs next week to put in when the rocker gaskets get changed and im also thinking about getting some 1.9 high ratio rockers. thought on them? I had them in my ecotec and they made a huge difference...