Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

new daily - vx ss

5speedvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
that's the thing, it went back with the same issue and I was told it was fine just general ls1 lifter tick... its getting done properly now because im doing it myself. I had to laugh because I posted it on a few facebook pages and had a few fordhold fan boys going off trying to tel me I was full of **** and that apparently the car wouldn't run while missing a pushrod!

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Wrecker fanboys.....lol.

5speedvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
since half of my engine bay is out of the car I decided to get rid of the aircon :)

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
since half of my engine bay is out of the car I decided to get rid of the aircon :)

That will be fun in summer...

I couldn't imagine doing that, I run my AC all the time, and you only gain a VERY small amount of power.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
That will be fun in summer...

I couldn't imagine doing that, I run my AC all the time, and you only gain a VERY small amount of power.

Agree 100%

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
it will run, it will just run like **** missing a pushrod and make an awful noise.

and yea i turfed my aircon as well, no more compressor or condenser etc, so much neater now :)

5speedvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
I have a daily vt execo so im not too stressed, the car is a weekender and the power windows work so its all good :)

5speedvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
the ss is slowly getting put back together every 2nd sunday, gaskets are changed, heads are back on, just need to move the abs line (it was starting to melt under the manifold) and fit the turbo/exhaust and its hopefully all good again. a mate of mine is currently polishing the turbo too and giving the car a much needed cut and buff and with the painted coil packs and throttle body the bay should look a bit cleaner too