Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New electric vehicles to be built in Adelaide...

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 Executive
Mate, glad you didn't. The recycling of batteries needs to be addressed for sure. The Electrical Technology is only going to get better and more efficient. In the next year or so l would expect an ecar post a 2-3 second 1/4 mile and it won't take long for that technology to filter down to production cars and bikes.
I guess we will have to wait, it hasn’t improved over the last couple of years (maybe the tiniest amount).

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
In the next year or so l would expect an ecar post a 2-3 second 1/4 mile and it won't take long for that technology to filter down to production cars and bikes.

Not a chance. If a 10,000hp top fueler struggles with traction to run a 4-5sec pass, aint no street car coming close to that.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 Executive
Mate, glad you didn't. The recycling of batteries needs to be addressed for sure. The Electrical Technology is only going to get better and more efficient. In the next year or so l would expect an ecar post a 2-3 second 1/4 mile and it won't take long for that technology to filter down to production cars and bikes.
The thing is that the technology isn’t gonna get better, just crappier.
the government is only doing it for the money, they waited until e cars was a huge hype and then did stuff about it. Solar Panels are **** aswell, lasts only 25-30 years with care! The massive fields that had heaps trees chopped down to be replaced by solars panels is significant, also the government doesn’t take care of them so they will probably get thrown out in 5 years (not so environmentally friendly now?)

Martbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF Series 2 SSV Redline.
Not a chance. If a 10,000hp top fueler struggles with traction to run a 4-5sec pass, aint no street car coming close to that.
Okay I'll use the GP bikes as an example. When the Factories had to phase out the 2 strokes they were worried that the 4 strokes wouldn't be competitive. Half of the Factories stayed with the 2 strokes and the other half were running 4 strokes.
At the start of the season the 4 strokes weren't competitive, by mid
season they were winning races and by the start of the next season they were all running 4 strokes. The Ecars
will go the same way. Would they be competitive against your 10,000hp dragster at the moment, definitely not, but where there's a will there's a
way. Traction as you suggest would be a problem at the moment. The Ecars will have enough power to run a four wheel drive system. Again the Ecars around the place at the moment are latter day (Model As). These things, whether you like it or not, are only going to get better and better. My only hope would be that l live long enough to see the evolution.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 Executive
Okay I'll use the GP bikes as an example. When the Factories had to phase out the 2 strokes they were worried that the 4 strokes wouldn't be competitive. Half of the Factories stayed with the 2 strokes and the other half were running 4 strokes.
At the start of the season the 4 strokes weren't competitive, by mid
season they were winning races and by the start of the next season they were all running 4 strokes. The Ecars
will go the same way. Would they be competitive against your 10,000hp dragster at the moment, definitely not, but where there's a will there's a
way. Traction as you suggest would be a problem at the moment. The Ecars will have enough power to run a four wheel drive system. Again the Ecars around the place at the moment are latter day (Model As). These things, whether you like it or not, are only going to get better and better. My only hope would be that l live long enough to see the evolution.
No way a motor would be able to produce that much power, unless the windings were huge.