Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Front/Rear speakers - VE 2007 SS

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
I'm sure you can get in behind the HU just by pulling off the side facia of the centre console in the drivers footwell. The centre speaker mesh cover is just clipped in. Hook your fingers under the cover plate at the windscreen edge and pull up. When that edge pops up, just work your fingers around it and the mesh will just pop out. Make sure you don't drop any of the crappy white clips though, or it will be just something else to rattle in there! lol.

-vkhg

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SS
haha thanks mate. ill give it a crack tomorrow i think.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
change the speakers first.... who knows, you may be happy with the improvement and then you dont have to stuff around with the actual headunit and amps and stuff. do a search on speaker upgrades, there was a great thread not too long ago with pics and detailed instructions on how to get door trim off and the like.

--Ben--

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SV6 ute
I've only replaced the door speakers, as I drive a ute, put Alpine S splits in, the sound has improved considerably. Problem is the head unit is very low power, so I follow the Stereo shops advice and don't crank it up, I keep below volume 25, as apparently could burn out the voice coils on speakers, and this usually also means damage to head unit.
Unless I grow tired of the car before I get the extra cash, the same shop priced up fitting amp and sub, using line outs from stock head unit. They say around 3 hrs fit time (could be BS, for extra cash), So Alpine Amp, 10" Sub, and fitting off the top of my head another $800.
Really I think it's a bit of a pain in the butt, cause it's a ute, amp would be in the way of battery, and sub infront of tools/jack, plus thumping directly into my back, if I get carried away, lol.
And yes I also ripped the waste of space centre speaker within 3 days of buying car, took all of 5 mins.:bomb:

dingdong555

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 2005 Executive
Anyone know of any body/business in Perth which will do all this? Not confident myself and would like for someone to do a cashie...

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
ask in audio section for installers... you'll get more responses quicker there.

brokenikon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Maloo: 2008 VE SV6: 2004 VY II R8 Maloo
The front and rears have been replaced with Polk MM's. I've also had a Kicker amp installed. The sound is door shakingly good. I still have the centre speaker for a couple of days, planning on having that ripped out and replaced with a couple of gauges instead.

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
AD6's are what I usually recommend when sticking with a stock headunit. In a direct comparison to a set of amped DD splits (I forget the model number) the AD6's were both louder and clearer running off a basic headunit. They will handle plenty of power if you want an amp later down the track as well
Alpines usually like a bit of power to get running well in my experience