Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New GM Infotainment software less a distraction ? What’s the Difference ?

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Who cares what General Muckup does...

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
So GM still hasn’t figured out how to make a proper interface for iPhone and Android. Why am I not surprised?

They couldn’t even get simple Bluetooth phone connectivity to work properly on the VE. Both the VEs I’ve had hang when you finish the call so you get silence for a couple of minutes after the call ends. How hard is it to make a system that disconnects the Bluetooth when the call ends, seriously?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
So GM still hasn’t figured out how to make a proper interface for iPhone and Android. Why am I not surprised?

They couldn’t even get simple Bluetooth phone connectivity to work properly on the VE. Both the VEs I’ve had hang when you finish the call so you get silence for a couple of minutes after the call ends. How hard is it to make a system that disconnects the Bluetooth when the call ends, seriously?

Haven't had that issue with mine.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Haven't had that issue with mine.
That’s because it’s a series two yes? Pretty sure it’s only related to the series one setup. It’s been that way on my old SV6 and the SSV (2008 and 2009 year models respectively) across multiple iPhones.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
That’s because it’s a series two yes? Pretty sure it’s only related to the series one setup. It’s been that way on my old SV6 and the SSV (2008 and 2009 year models respectively) across multiple iPhones.

Yes, Series II.

And I run Android.

petrolhead1203

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFSS - Ex, NSW Cop Hwy Car
I have a 2017 series 2 VF SS. The infotainment is ok, but crap as No New Updates anymore.
After a recent trip to Sydney from country Sa.
The Gps did not know any new roads that had been built since 2018 as of last update.
Was very Lost and pissed off

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
VE (Berlina and luxury models) had a better infotainment system than VF. Change my mind...
VE, just press 1 button and get radio. VF press 20 buttons to get radio. And the vent settings and AC temp are hidden amongst all sorts of other crap. VE they are always visible on the screen. Also my series 1 Bluetooth always worked perfectly. Calls finished instantly and radio came back on in about 1-2 seconds.
And no, GM does not know what they're doing. It's always a case of luck of the draw.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
VE (Berlina and luxury models) had a better infotainment system than VF. Change my mind...
VE, just press 1 button and get radio. VF press 20 buttons to get radio. And the vent settings and AC temp are hidden amongst all sorts of other crap. VE they are always visible on the screen. Also my series 1 Bluetooth always worked perfectly. Calls finished instantly and radio came back on in about 1-2 seconds.
And no, GM does not know what they're doing. It's always a case of luck of the draw.
Are you discussing series 1 VE's?

Much prefer the MyLink over the IQ, and the VF HVAC is heaps better than the VE S2 HVAC, which requires a button press for the HVAC systems to appear on screen.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Are you discussing series 1 VE's?

Much prefer the MyLink over the IQ, and the VF HVAC is heaps better than the VE S2 HVAC, which requires a button press for the HVAC systems to appear on screen.
Series 1 with the dual zone climate and cd stacker. Not the pov pack omega and others that just had big nobs and no proper screen.