Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New GM media VE pics released today **dialup warning**

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
hahaha I was in the city when they were doing those pics, Was hilarious while they were trying to move the car's from point to point.

Cheers
MaT

L

LeBoofer

greenfoam said:
The stripes need to come down further on the bonnet or even all the way to the groud right? does anyone else think that would look better?

Im not so sure, but we can make a better call on the stripes when we see em on the road. The problem with drawing the stripes to the ground would be in detracting from the front end styling (to a degree - ie take the visual focus off the front air dam) and giving the impression of 'length' (ie draw the eye down the nose). Its all a matter of opinion though. I may have missed it, but Im interested to see what theyve done with the strips on the boot.

I guess its all an addition to combat what Ford has done with their additional decals and stripes.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
i saw those sketches of VE in design staff in late 99, there were no clays around then (that i saw), there may have been in one of the other studios though.

Rob

Rombles

HSVDT #1
Reaction score
Website
rombles.msn.space.com
Members Ride
HSVDT Limited Ed'n Z Series Clubsport #8-6.0L/M6
Scotty_Doesn't_Know said:
Meaning once the VE is released there would be no more TESTING being done on it. Any testing they're doing now will be for the VE II and VF.

Dr Bob, are you able to answer this one for us?

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
When I said "testing" in my above post, I meant that each car was taken for a short drive by an employee after it has left the production line. Not like research and development testing etc, just test driving.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Doctor Bob said:
i saw those sketches of VE in design staff in late 99, there were no clays around then (that i saw), there may have been in one of the other studios though.

Rob

In the latest Motor magazine the VE desgners said the VE was not definite to be an all new car until 2000.

Up to then they were still also looking at a modified version of one of the Cadillac platforms?

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
not sure yet on next model designations ive been out of Holden Experimantal since January 2000, it takes longer to get this sort of information these days.
As far as i know the basic design criteria was set by mid 2000.
im sure the info in Motor is reasonably accurate as they have acess to the "controlled leaks" of new model information.

Rob