Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

new graffiti laws

VNexecutive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
i almost got in trouble when i was a bit younger. used to re-spray dragster bikes etc, cops got me with carrying couple of fluoro cans of paint haha. got off it pretty easy though when i explained what i was using it for.

i dont like the look of much graffitti. maybe spray some sick looking vn's everywhere? haha ;)

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
I don't think they are excessive at all. As stated, some stuff looks great, but i don't call that graffiti, it's more mural art. Graffiti to me is the scraggly scrawled **** that little 16 year old "territory" wanker "graphers" go around doing. It looks ****.

I say make the fines higher. If they get busted once and have to start paying off a MASSIVE fine or get jail time, i'm sure they would think twice about trying to be "cool" again.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
graffitti costs tax payers and businesses millions each year to have removed - just because some punk has no freakin respect for property. i say throw the book at them, make the consequences so harsh that they wont even think of picking up a spray can.

i personally think 99% of graffiti looks crap and it always ****es me off when you see a new structure go up (like say a highway noise baffle/wall) freshly painted looking good and within days its covered in stupid freakin tags and crappy graffiti making the place look like a bloody slum.
if they want to truely express their artistic skills (which i believe a hugely small percentage actually do - most just like to ruin **** for the fun of it) then buy a canvas or do it to your own property...there's even places that have designated walls built by the government just for graffiti in some areas.

Brucefromruse

CRAVEN MOORHEAD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive s2
I'll Tell You What Snotface, I'de Like To Spray Your Effing Head With A Load Of Effluent And Then .......hope All The Mongrels Cop It Big Time....its Not Art Its Not Anything Its Just Garbage Sprayed All Over The Place...suburban Art...what A Load Of Horse Sh#t.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I'll Tell You What Snotface, I'de Like To Spray Your Effing Head With A Load Of Effluent And Then .......hope All The Mongrels Cop It Big Time....its Not Art Its Not Anything Its Just Garbage Sprayed All Over The Place...suburban Art...what A Load Of Horse Sh#t.

Does It Take You A Long Time To Post Typing Each Word With A Capital Letter?

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
I see both sides, most graffiti is just ****, or crappy tags for "harcore" gangs, crews, what ever. But for anyway who has walked down Hossier (spelling) lane in melbourne some of the stuff is quite good.
My girlfriend (possible ex im not to sure on the circumstances atm lol) is studying art at uni, and her main art is fafi and graffiti/pop art. Now she quite often carries spray cans in her car as she travels to and from uni each day, and she normally leaves them in their when she goes to work etc, it would be a real **** up if she got one of those fines just for carrying spray paint. She does all her art work at home, or at uni, she hasnt done any illegal spraying, she has painted at a skate park before but a heap of uni students where asked and given permission to do that, though a couple of weeks later some **** taggers came and wrecked it anyway.
Some graffiti art is really good and legal, and some is just **** and illegal. Again enforce the law in place, instead of making another one that effects the innocent aswell.
Has anyone noticed lately that the goverment seem to be making laws that effect the innocent more then the guilty, instead of enforcing the already existant laws, e.g. alcohol tax, p-plate laws, graffiti laws, it just keeps coming, im waiting for them to fine me for taking a **** at home because brendan fevola done it in public.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
Does It Take You A Long Time To Post Typing Each Word With A Capital Letter?

i think its because he originally typed it all in capitals but the forum changes it to just the first letter being uppercase? not sure though

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Lets See If That Is The Case This Is Typed In All Capitals

:edit: stocky your right :p